PDA

View Full Version : worried about my throat

Rebecca77
28-09-08, 20:35
Hi, I have had problems with my throat for about 6 weeks, it feels like a quivering sensation almost constantly and spasms. It also aches and feels tense. When I lay down i feel like something is squashing my throat. Another feeling i get is like raw cold air in my throat down my windpipe and in my chest.
Is this really just anxiety? My dr says it is but hasn't actually looked at my throat.
Does anyone have any methods of controlling or stopping this symptom? it is driving me mad with anxiety.
Rebecca x

bottleblond
28-09-08, 20:51
Rebecca

Even if it is anxiety, your doctor should have examined your throat just to make sure. Chances are it possibly is anxiety but it is beyond me how a doc can sit there and say that without even looking!

I have had similar to what you are feeling and it was caused by anxiety but if i was you, i would go back to your GP and say you want your throat looked at, least you will have peace of mind that way.

Love Lisa
xx

Rebecca77
29-09-08, 20:19
Thanks Lisa for your reply,
I saw the nurse today and she had a look at my throat, she said everything looked normal but my trachea may be a bit inflammed, which would make me feel like I had cold air in my throat and chest. She had a listen to my chest which she said sounded clear.
The sensation is still there but i will try to not worry about it.... fingers crossed!!
The only problem now is my ribs ache really bad, if it is not one thing its another.

Rebecca x