PDA

View Full Version : SORRY I HAVE'NT GOT BACK TO YOU ALL

josiepickle
26-05-05, 20:20
HI EVERYBODY, HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL. SINCE MY LAST POSTING A FEW WEEKS AGO I HAVE GRADUALLY BEEN FEELING A LOT BETTER. MY GP PRESCRIBED ME SOME CITILOPRAM WHICH UNFORTUNATELY SENT ME OFF MY HEAD AND I ENDED UP IN A+E IN THE HOSPITAL I WORK IN, ALL VERY EMBARRASING BUT WHAT THE HELL. I HAD A REACTION TO IT AND DICONTINUED STRAIGHT AWAY. I WENT BACK TO MY GP AND SHE DECIDED TO BE FIRM WITH ME. SHE INSISTED I CONTINUE TAKING PROPRANALOL TO CONTROL MY RACING HEART (WHICH WORKS) AND 5MG OF DIAZEPAM AM AND PM. FINALLY I CALMED DOWN AND AFTER 4 DAYS CUT THE DOSE TO HALF. THIS HAS BEEN A FANTASTIC RELIEF TO ME AND AFTER 1 MORE WEEK AS OF MON I HAD'NT TAKEN ANY!!!! THEN TODAY WHAM I FELT TRULY AWFUL WHEN I WOKE UP AND HAD MASSIVE PANIC ATTACK!!! I THINK IT WAS CAUSED BY MEETING UP WITH A FRIEND AND BEING SHOCKED AT A BIG CHANGE IN HER AND ALSO MEETING UP WITH MY BOSS TO DISCUSS GOING BACK TO WORK. I PHONED MY GP IMMEDIATELY AND SHE SUGGESTED USING LOW DOSE DIAZ 2.5MG JUST TO GET THRU TODAY AND NOT TO LET THINGS ESCALATE. I FEEL THIS HAS WORKED TO SOME DEGREE TODAY BUT STILL FEEL A LITTLE ON EDGE. I'VE GOT THIS STRANGE SENSATION IN MY CHEST LIKE I NEED TO BURP AND I NEED TO KEEP TAKING BIG BREATHS, I'VE HARDLY EATEN TODAY SO FEEL IT CAN'T BE INDIGESTION, ALSO HAVE A STUPID NIGGLY COUGH LIKE A TICKLE WHICH I HAVE MANAGED TO TURN INTO LUNG CANCER EVEN THOUGH I HAD A CHEST XRAY AND ECG LAST WEEK SHOWING I AM VERY BORINGLY HEALTHY. HELP!!!!!! AM I MENTAL OR JUST SUFFERING A LITTLE BLIP THAT I WILL PULL MYSELF OUT OF AGAIN. I AM WORN OUT BREATHING INTO DAMN PAPER BAGS AND PRAY FOR THE DAY I FEEL NORMAL AGAIN. ARE ALL THESE SIGNS OF HEALTH ANXIETY OR AM I SERIOUSLY LOSING THE PLOT?

seh1980
26-05-05, 20:25
hello Josie,

No, you are not going mad!! The way you are feeling is very normal amongst anxiety sufferers. It is just a blip and we all go through them. You were doing very well before and I'm sure you will do again soon..

Sarah :D

Emmie
26-05-05, 20:36
Hi Josie,
im sorry you are suffering a blip at the mo! Just remember thats all it is and think of the good week you had! well done for that by the way!!!
I get that feeling in my chest and the breathing thing where you feel like you need to take really deep breaths. I know how frustrating it is because the more you concentrate on it, the worse it seems to get.
I hope you can work through this and get back to the way you were last week.

Take care
Em xxx

Meg
26-05-05, 21:02
When you're anxious you produce gases in your tum which need to be released.. so burp away..

The panic was probably due to the thoughts and what ifs about returning to work and what your friend seemed like.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

nomorepanic
26-05-05, 21:15
Hi Josie

Good to see you back but sorry that you have had a few problems.

Tonic water may help the need to burp and relieve that pain.

I am sure it is a blip so try to remain positive ok and let's hope you are soon back on track.

Nicola

josiepickle
27-05-05, 07:25
Thanks everyone for your replies. This morning I am going to see my senior manager to discuss going back to work on tuesday and I'm feeling a little apprehensive because its at the hospital. I'm afraid I won't be able to help myself asking for a check up!!!! Also I am just consumed with fear at the thought of going back to feeling as bad as I did a few weeks ago, is it really common guys to feel like this and like you are truly going crazy? I even phoned the samaritans yesterday just to offload on someone other than my family and friends who must be worn out with my constant need for reassurance. Thanks for letting me rant. Jo xx

sal
27-05-05, 09:49
Hi Josie

Hope this morning goes okay for you.

You are not losing it at all hun and we are here to support you and help you get yourself back to work.

Best of luck and thinking of you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

kairen
27-05-05, 11:02
hI Josie,

hope you get on ok at work,

you arent alone we have all felt like that at some point,

good luck let us know how you get on

take care

kairen x

Meg
27-05-05, 14:45
Hi Josie,

Yes it is normal for some of us to think we're going stark staring bonkers- but it doesn't happen..and slowly it dissipates.

Be pleased that you've moved on from a few weeks ago .. progress !

Hope the meeting went ok

Meg

Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

josiepickle
27-05-05, 17:49
Evening all, thanks for all your support yesterday and this morning, I still feel quite strange that people I don't know are helping me so much, but I am so so grateful. My meeting at wrk went really well and we agreed terms and conditions for the forseeable future and worked out how my colleagues can be of support if I need it so thats all good!!!! Then they gave me a card signed by everyone welcoming me back and a voucher to spend at a local nail and beauty salon. Why can't I just accept how damn lucky I am, supportive family, friends, colleagues and GP? I make myself really annoyed with my negative attitude. All I can think about at the moment is my aching chest and annoying tickly cough which is of course all manner of awfulness, e.g cancer, tumours, blood clots, aneurisms and heart failure caused by my propranalol of course!!!!!!!! Does anyone think I really have any thing to worry about, I can feel my self getting wound up, apprehensive and very tearful. Would it be a backward step to take 2.5mg of diaz tonite just to settle me do you think? My GP gave me 30 of them just over two wks ago and I've got 19 left so I'm not doing too badly I suppose. My Mum is here with me tonite as well as hubby and kids so should be happy, dear lord someone tell me to get a grip for Gods sake!!!!
Thanx again guys
Jo xxx

Meg
27-05-05, 18:21
Its not about getting a grip Josie ..Its about accepting that its OK to be as you are right now and that it has and will continue to improve..

Do you really really need a valium. Are you desperate ? If you are - take one. If you're not having one of the worst times ever, then distract yourself, ask others about their days , play with he kids if they're little or talk to them if they're bigger and get into someone elses issues of the day and ignore yourself and your symtoms for a bit . You'll find that you're still there and Ok later on.

Meg