PDA

View Full Version : Dying

katicotrophic
29-09-08, 09:28
I've recently stopped taking effexor, and in the process I've become terrified of dying suddenly.

Every time I'm driving I'm CONVINCED that either my tire is going to blow out or the tire of a vehicle next to me is going to blow out and I'm going to get in a wreck and die.

I'm scared to go to public places because I'm scared I'll be there on the day that a homicidal maniac shows up and starts shooting people.

I'm scared to sleep because I think my heart will stop.

I'm scared I have tumors I don't know about that are going to cause me to drop dead at any minute.

Every time I'm near a closed or cracked door, I'm scared to walk past it because I think someone is standing behind it waiting for me to walk by so they can shoot me.

I obsess over all of these things constantly.

It's keeping me from actually living.

Davvid
30-09-08, 08:40
It's horrible when we get these unwanted thoughts isn't it. You just can't seem to get them out of your head and they go round and round inside your mind.

Try to realise that they're only anxious thoughts. Just let yourself think them and then move on to do something else.

Maybe writing them down might help. (You've already done that here). I used to write them on some paper and then throw it away or burn it. It was as if the thoughts went away from me with the paper they were written on.
Next time I had them I'd do the same. It was often at first but then eased off.

After I'd burnt the paper I went to do something else, something active like gardening - now that's a good hobby, it will help take your mind off these unwanted thoughts.

If you're driving try listening to some music and sing with it, ot listen to an audiotape, they're good for distracting you from other thoughts.

Good luck, Dave.

ricric
30-09-08, 08:46
Your fears are thought by everyone, anyone who values their life, fears death, the fear of the unknown!/..

The thing is you cant be afraid of death, cos you dont know what its all about, whether its the end or not!/ You have to discover what the root cause of your anxiety is all about to accept it.

Are you in therapy? Therapy saved my life, and would recommend it to anyone with Anxiety..

The root cause of my Anxiety was abandonment issues.

Answer me this, what happens if you die?