PDA

View Full Version : Anxious

daisymaisy
29-09-08, 09:39
Hi

Hope someone can help me or reassure me. Have had intermittent anxiety attacks throughout my life - not frequently but usually when under stress of some kind. My latest flare up was 6 weeks ago. Had not been sleeping properly for ages. Doc put it down to my age and hormones - am 47. Got a bit wrapped up in world events too and had a major anx episode. Doc put me on 10mg citalopram. She won't increase it at the moment because says I'm getting better and it will take three months to really work. I have a few good days then just seem to go downhill (though nowhere near as bad as I was). Mornings are difficult - sometimes for a few hours, sometimes a lot less. Some days I feel nearly normal again but still not completely ok. What I'm trying to say is will I ever be normal again? How do you stop worrying? So many things going on in the world. Sorry, am rambling. I know there are people on here with far more problems than me who are trying to cope. I feel a bit of a failure that I can't manage this.

:weep:

leeg
29-09-08, 09:44
hi daisy you are not alone in your anx and getting better does take time one day u will wake up and realise your anx has gone just as quickly as it arrived have you tried reading any of dr claire weekes books?? if not i would recommend it they are a fantastic way of putting anx in to perspective