PDA

View Full Version : don't quite know what this is

xela
27-05-05, 01:24
ok, i think i had a panic attack today, but i'm not entirely sure.

i thought i was having a panic attack when my breathing started going really heavy, but then it slowed down and i almost wasn't breathing enough.
i started focusing on certain things in my mind and sort of picking them apart. like, for example, my hand. i started thinking about it and then it started to feel like there was something wrong with it, like it was the opposite way it should be on the inside. Also, my eyes. i started to think about them and I pictured them really big and just weird. I don't know if that quite makes sense, but that's the best i can think to describe it.
i was really weak and dizzy, just kind of felt insane.

does this ever happen to you?

seh1980
27-05-05, 11:21
hi Xela,

I have felt that way before whilst feeling panicky so it could very well be that. Have you had panic attacks before?

Sarah :D

xela
27-05-05, 22:20
yeah, i've had one other. maybe two months ago. my breathing was a lot worse the first time, and i didn't have the crazy thoughts and depersonalization.

seh1980
28-05-05, 10:37
hi Xela,

The symptoms can be different each time. I don't think panic attacks are ever 100% the same. Different thoughts go through our minds and our bodies react in different ways. Have you been to the doctor at all?

Sarah :D

florence
28-05-05, 13:11
Hi Xela

Sounds like a panic attack to me, its always difficult to think rationally while panicking, loads of confusion and weird thoughts.

Take care.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**