PDA

View Full Version : In tears

Kaypez
29-09-08, 14:28
I was diagnosed with Anxiety disorder about 18 months ago, I spent 12 months on citalopram tablets and felt better after months of feeling awful. I felt ok for a while after not taking the tablets but now its starting to go down hill again. I am going back to the doctors this afternoon, I just don't even know what I expect them to do? I have not had any more panic attacks but I feel sick constantly again. Last time I stopped eating altogether, then when I did I vomited. I wake up feeling sick every morning, I am scared to do things I really want to do and it is starting to make me really unhappy. Do you ever really get better from this? I am unsure if I want to go back on medication but I feel like I have managed with out it for a while. But also I don't want to let it get bad like it did before. Has any one had to go back on medication after being off it for a long time?

pinkpiglet
29-09-08, 15:06
Hi there, i really cannot answer your question as this is really only the first time i have been on meds myself (i have been taking 20mg of fluoxetine for 8 weeks). I have always had anxiety (since my late teens anyway) and in the past i have managed to cope without meds. This is one of the reasons why i was apprehensive about taking them because i worry it will be like a vicious circle and i will never be able to cope without them ever again. I really felt i had no choice though, i was pretty bad from march this year and i now have a 2 year old son to consider where as in the past there was only me and i could lay in bed all day if i wanted. I have to take meds for my sons sake and i will try my hardest to get off them in another 4 months or so, if i have to go back on them, then so be it, anythings better than acute anxiety. My dad was on fluoxetine and then came off them and then had to go on citalopram cos he got bad again. However, he came off them after 6 mths and he's now been off meds for a year. I hope this gives you some help!