PDA

View Full Version : please help just had a panic attack

burberrygirl72
29-09-08, 18:02
just had 3 small panic attacks in space of half hour i feel really panicky still and its evan hard to write what im writining as im that shaky
im currantly receiving treatment cbt theropy and have been doing so well but my little boy fell over and cut all his eye open and was taken to hospital he is home and fine now just very bruised do ya think the panic attacks have come on today because of the what happned yesterday
also i alwayes seem to get panicky around the time of my period
any advice please
so scared xxxxxxxx

titch
29-09-08, 18:11
AWW hun!! i think maybe yesterday is the cause of these attacks...do u have a fear of hospitals?? i know i do... xxx

worrywort1977
29-09-08, 18:20
Hiya - i believe that panic/anxiety is worse at that time of the month as i always get a lot worse with my anxiety about a week or 2 before - i get dizzy etc and have a constant feeling of anxiousness in my stomach its awful - someone said to me its something to do with the hormone levels in your body as anxiety is all hormone related also not sure if this is true or not.

But i do definetly get worse too.

Keep Smiling!!!!

burberrygirl72
29-09-08, 18:40
no im not scarecof hospitals i work in one but still now i cant calm myself down jelly legs tummy churning etc been over 2 hours now and still a mess what can i do

SamanthaAU
29-09-08, 23:57
Hi, firstly I hope your little guy is on the mend now!

I know my anxiety is so much worse when it comes to things that may affect my kids, so it all could well have been from what has happened yesterday.

I hope you feeling much calmer now.

andie73
30-09-08, 08:15
Hi

I too work in a hospital but do have a bit of a phobia about them too!!! I had my first panic attack in ages yesterday too because a young woman collapsed in front of me. I kind of froze ( I'm non clinical staff by the way). My heart was going mad but I calmed down. Then about an hour or so later I had a big panic attack and the main fear that overwhelmed me was fear of passing out. I am worried about going back in today but I'm telling myself it was just the after affects of seeing someone collapse.

I am sure you have had the same thing as me, though this was your little boy, so it has probably affected you more. Treat today as a new day and try not to dwell on it too much. Trying to do that myself, and it's not easy.

leeg
30-09-08, 08:30
I am sure ur pa was a result of yesterday when something happens to upset us im sure our nerves carry us through and its not uncommon after things are calm for us then to take a pa after we sit and think about what has happened this happens to me a lot i can cope with the trauma at the time but afterwards im a wreck so be assured you are not alone in this :hugs:

lee xxx

burberrygirl72
30-09-08, 08:37
thanks everyone
i am feeling much calmer today
and my little boy is looking so much better now
gonna take things slow today
and try not to dwell on what happned yesterday
xxxxxxx