PDA

View Full Version : "scared Of Having An E.c.g"

ruthb1
29-09-08, 18:31
hi all,

i have been off work for about 3 weeks now, my anxiety has returned after 18 months free, fortunatly i know the signs now but i have been having palpatations and eptopics, i have been to the docs and i have had blood tests and they have all come back clear, but the doctor has said he wants me to go for an ECG, well i nearly passed out when he said that to me, this is my fear as i am terrified of anything heart related as my partner suffered two heart attacks 4 years ago at the age of 40, so i have a big fear of hospitals ecg's anything heart related, well anything health related.

the docs phoned me today with my appointment and i am going on thursday and i really feel like not going and cancelling, all these negative thoughts keep going through my mind and i am sick of it.

I am so stressed at the moment, i feel so tense and i dont need this also to add to my stresses. i feel like i am so stressed at the moment i am going to keel over and die as i feel i have damaged myself too much with all this anxiety over the years and i am worrying myself senseless over how much the body can take.

sorry to go on but i feel totally out of it at the moment and just need some support

thanks for listening

ruth x

nanny
29-09-08, 18:58
Hi Ruth

Please don't cancel the appointment, i know how you are feeling because i had to have one, also lots of other things as we have in our family a lot of heart problems.

It is harmless, all they do is wire you up to a monitor and thats it, even if you can't trelax whilst their doing it it will still give a proper reading, i was actually having palpatations whilst having mine yet it came back all clear.
try some deep breathing before you go, it may help calm you down a little.

I know it's easier said than done saying these things, but the more stressed you get the more anxious you will become, so please try, it really is harmless and hopefully all will come back clear.

Good Luck:hugs: :hugs:

jodie
29-09-08, 19:01
hiya

you will be just fine i have had so many e c g,s it is done in a no time .
i also have ectopcs and as much as they are not nice they wont harm you at all i have had lots of tests scans ect and they all came back ok
i still get ectopics now but try not to panic as it makes them worse.

jodie xx

anxious
29-09-08, 20:07
Hi Ruth :hugs:

please go, i am sure you will be fine and it might put your fears to rest, once and for all,

love anx xx:hugs:

angie3077
30-09-08, 08:26
Hi,
ECG's are really nothing to worry about and just think how much better you will feel once your results come back normal, which I am sure they will. I also have had many tests relating to the heart cause I suffer with ectopics and they have all come back ok. I know how you are feeling though as there is always that little 'what if' creeping in! its only natural to feel like that before any test though I think! Go have your ECG, get it out the way and you will feel better for it, promise! :) and as for you keeling over and dying due to stressing your body out too much, I think most the members of this forum would not be here if that was the case, but I understand the thoughts.
Angie xx

ricric
30-09-08, 09:04
Your not afraid of the ECG, your afraid of the results! Your symptoms sound more Anxiety related than anything else!!

Go and put your mind at rest. Also modern medicine works wanders these days, I know people who have heart attacks, are still expected to live long colourful lives. Its not game over no matter what! But, like I said, it sounds like Anxiety!!!

Take care

RIC:)