PDA

View Full Version : food

smiths
29-09-08, 19:39
hi all
i tend to be only be eatinga proper meal at nite ( just have enough to get by thru the day milk soup etc ) but i always get indigestion does anyone have any tips or ideas on what is good to eat and not eat to try and ease this
i have read up on some other post and someone said avoid chocolate and bread

Cathy V
30-09-08, 00:15
How are your ears?

samc100
30-09-08, 11:40
What are you eating in the evening? If you are eating hardly anything in the day then eating lots at night your body will be reacting to a great load of food being dumped in your tummy. Try to eat little but often, that might help.

I was told to take it easy on food and my handy food tip is to have a little brown rice with chicken. I used to make a honey and lemon sauce to have on the chicken. It's a bland dish but full of goodness to keep your body going. I had this every lunch time but would have whatever I wanted for evening meal which was usually a salad or a small sarnie because my appetite was not good. And the rice and chicken was nice and filling anyway.

I still make the rice and chicken dish for my family cos' they actually really like it and if I am feeling off key then I do a week of eating that for my lunch.

smiths
30-09-08, 11:51
yeah i have hardly anything all day then have loads at nite

samc100
30-09-08, 12:00
Well I'd think that is why you have indigestion. No tummy ( anxious or not) is going to feel great after getting used to being empty then having a mass of food dumped in it.

smiths
30-09-08, 12:06
yeah thats true i am going to try and eat a little thru out the day
i just always feel more hungry at nite !
thank you