PDA

View Full Version : First session at weight watchers......NOT GOOD! WW for life!!

ricric
29-09-08, 20:41
Hi guys, I have been doing weight watchers, for over a year over the last 5 years. I have lost and gained all of my weight, and now Im going back to do it all over again..

I weigh......'weight' for it....a massive 23 stone 3 ibs:scared15: :scared15: :scared15: :scared15:

I m 6 foot 4 so people say I carry it well.. I also have a Thyroid condition, which doesnt help! But still, its a massive load.. I eat alot, so I have to take full responsibility for my weight..:blush:

I have realised, that if Im to succeed, I need to do this not just for the year, or until Im down to my goal weight, but for the rest of my life!!!:ohmy:

So Im dedicating this thread, to me and anyone else, who wants to join me...:whistles: :hugs:

Next week, I hope I have a :yesyes: and a :D :D on my face:winks:

So from here on now, Im starting a goal that will last for the next 50 odd years!!!:noangel:

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

Hope 2
30-09-08, 12:31
Hello ricric

Good for you dealing with your 'weight issues'.
I have done WW a few times and lost lots of weight.
Like u said it HAS to be life long changes or you end up back at square one.
I have a major weight problem, ie I have far too much of it for one person.

Sorry I haven't the motivation to join you just now with this but wanted to wish you luck all the same :yesyes: .

Keep us up to date when the pounds start rollin off eh
Julia xx

ricric
30-09-08, 13:29
Thanks for the support and the 'hope' hope :D

I wil certainly keep you up to date, Im doing well on me first day, so there, my first progress report :D:p

thanks again :)

jacq
30-09-08, 13:39
Hi Ricric, good luck with the weight watchers, i am actually going to my first slimming world meeting tonight, after years kidding myself that my thyroid condition is stopping me losing weight i now accept it is the crisps and toast that i never ever eat but seem to disappear in the day when i am the only one home that is causing the problems:blush: . My problem is i eat when i am bored and lonely and anxious and angry - you get the picture! I took a step in the right direction last week after collecting the Jamie Oliver recipes they were giving away in The Sun newspaper i decided to have a go at meatballs and spaghetti, firstly it cost me a fortune and i now have a stock of spices balsamic vinegar and worcestershire sauce that i am never likely to use again, secondly it took me nearly all day to make the bloody things and part cook them, then to top it all off i had a major panic attack and had to lie down untill the smell of burning had me runing to the kitchen to find the meatballs had fallen apart to mush in the sauce and the spaghetti had burnt itself dry and filled the kitchen with black smoke. It is now 5 days on and the kitchen units still smell like they were bought in a fire damaged sale!!.I tend to leave the cooking till my hubbie comes home as i have had that many near misses with meals i don't trust myself not to burn the house down in the throes of an attack. I have got about 4 stone to lose and am hoping the potential embarrasment of being the only one to have put on weight at the meetings will give me kick up the backside to stick with the diet.

Jacqui xxx

ricric
30-09-08, 13:42
OMG Jaqi, Im exactly the same, I have and underactive Thyroid, and have been blaming this for years for my weight gains!! But like you the pork pies crisps and anything else over 500 calories kept diasappearing out of the cupboard!!:o

Good luck at slimming world...I hope you have great success, and keep us all posted!!:)

Cathy V
30-09-08, 13:58
Good luck to both of you :yesyes:

Im about 3st overweight now and put 2st on in the last year since starting the betablockers...well thats my excuse anyway! Id love to say that i stuff myself all day and night but i dont, i eat normal regular meals with nothing inbwtween, but i do like a drink in the eves and so i think this could be it, as well as the meds of course :D

My daughter goes to weight**tchers in uk, and they have it over here too but i cant understand german, so.....:shrug:

Anyway as i said, the best of luck to you....xxxx

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

Cathy V
30-09-08, 14:00
Oh, they didnt like my version of this word then lol!

samc100
30-09-08, 15:02
Good luck Ricic.

I did WW the over year to shift a stone and I was surprised at how easy ( if you follow the rules!) the diet is cos' it is pretty obvious and no nonsense.

Do keep us updated on how you are doing - could you do us a weekly weigh in diary?

ricric
07-10-08, 11:44
thanks for the support Sam,

I lost 4 pounds this week wooohoooo:D

samc100
08-10-08, 09:26
OOOOOOOh get you !!!! So does that mean you are now under 23 stone?

Are you finding it easy to keep to?

jennifer8055
09-10-08, 11:53
Hi,

I used to be pretty obese and started putting on a lot of weight especially on my thighs and bottom in my late thirties. I started exercising as often as possible and also cut down on a lot of high calorie stuff. Unfortunately I hardly managed to lose any weight at all. I then recently read an article by a lady who claimed that she managed to lose nearly half of her weight using a particular weight loss product. I tried it out and it actually worked really well. Within 4 months I managed to shave off 65 pounds completely. The results were pretty amazing and I feel so much healthier and energetic now without having to carry all that extra weight around. You can read more about the lady's article at the link below

http://www.obesityzapped.com (http://www.obesityzapped.com/)

ladybird64
09-10-08, 14:11
A miracle cure! Just drink the tea and the pounds will drop off!
I don't think so somehow..:winks: