PDA

View Full Version : These are just symptoms of anxiety and nothing more

amu
29-09-08, 21:40
Guys,

I have experienced the following smptoms during the last three years - all turned out to be just anxiety and not a serious illness:

- headaches: dull all over/sharp and shooting on the top of my head/sharp in my forehead

- difficulty swallowing, feeling that something is stuck in throat or in oesophagus or at the back of tongue

- rib pain that wouldn't go away for ages

- tightness in chest, difficulty breathing, feeling that I can't take a proper breath, chest pain, back pain

- dizziness, nausea

- being very tired, shivering, hands shaking

- twitches, "numbness" and tingling of face/arm/hand

- pain in the area I was focusing on (e.g. worry about ovaries meant strong pain in that area after a couple of days, and it lasted long and became stronger, but completely disappeared after reassurance received from GP)

Can you add anything to the list?

JasonB
29-09-08, 23:02
Good post.

Sharp headaches that I used to think were a dangerous tumor, turned out to be just Tension Headaches.

And I didnt have a Doctor tell me that. The pain has completely gone through the realisation that its all based on anxiety.

I also think its important to not mistake normal feelings as symptoms of anxiety.

i.e hunger pains are not anxiety, and can be mistaken for anxiety butterflies. As can bowel movements.

Feelings of light headedness are natural, and transitory, and dont mean you are going to faint/die.

Forgetfullness is a side symptoim of stress/tiredness, and doesnt mean you are going insane.

amu
30-09-08, 18:29
Very true, natural feelings seem unnatural when you keep worrying about your health, e.g. heart palpitations or just being tired are not necessarily anxiety symptoms.

Also forgot to mention diarrhoea - I get it whenever I worry about a presentation, interview etc.

emma xxx
30-09-08, 23:19
hi i went to the doctors about 2 weeks ago and was told tht my trapezius muscle was knotted. since then i have been experiencing a dull ache in my chest just above my left breast. this worries me as i constantly think i am having a heart attack or im going to die! can anyone give me any insight as to what it may be had b.p and pulse checked everything is normal.

lioness7
24-02-09, 21:37
Has anyone experienced a spaced out feeling? Like, the colours you see stand out...? I hate it :(

amu
25-02-09, 07:37
Do you mean derealisation? When things seem unreal? I've had it many times.:huh:

paulskin
25-02-09, 09:12
Has anyone experienced a spaced out feeling? Like, the colours you see stand out...? I hate it :(

yeah,with me usually starts as dizziness,feels to me like effects of recreational drugs,which from history sparks big fear in my anxiety.

deb141
25-02-09, 09:18
Good post !
At the moment i am just getting used to my increased dosage of medication and so am feeling very anxious but have experienced the following:
De-personalisation, spaced out.

Back pain - i think there is something terrible wrong

Chest pain - takes me by suprise sometimes and so i think i am having a heart attack.

tiredness - absolutely shattered

tingling hands and face

headache

the list goes on and on.....

If i think about something i can easily convince myself that i have pain in that area !.

I am trying so hard to convince myself that this is all down to anxiety x

Alexy
25-02-09, 18:15
Iv got crampy pains the the back of my head..had it for days, and blurrier vision:( i cant think that its anxiety

curly_tom
25-02-09, 23:20
I agree a very helpful post.I have suffered from every one of those symtoms.

Headaches including sharp ones and dull aches

The lump in the throat is a really worrying one until you learn what it is.

Rib pains which go on for weeks and then just disappear.

Chest pains as described above.

Twitches and muscle spasms are my newest one. Horrible but accosiated with tiredness and anxiety.

I guess we must just believe that it's anxiety and not focus on it so much...

KOKO23CAT
26-02-09, 13:40
i get pains in the base of my skull on the left hand side, was convinced it was a tumour until i realised it tied in with when i hadn't eaten!

also get bad pains in left side of abdomen quite low down. constipation too, was convinced for a long time that i had colon cancer (sometomes still am lol)

sharp pains in my thigh muscles too

. . . . . . . . . goes on

totally agree, excellent post:roflmao: