PDA

View Full Version : Feeling really tired

tom1
29-09-08, 23:42
I just want to ask a very important question. Basically does anyone on any medication prescribed for anxiety suffer from tiredness?

I am asking this because when I was on medication (I am not any more) it seemed to not matter what medication I was on, I seemed to be always tired. I was put on fluoxetine, then citalopram, paroxetine and finally sertraline. Although they helped immensely with my anxiety the tiredness eventually outweighed the positive effect of the medication. The tiredness prevented me from doing most things, just like my anxiety was stopping me before and became just as bad. So I got rid of one problem and gained another. I am not sure if this is because of the group of anti-depressants I was trying, namely the SSRI's.

I am thinking of going back to medication, as I've had a relapse with my anxiety but I don't want to obviously go back to feeling tired. Do you think there are other forms of anti-depressants or anxiolytics that don't make you tired?

thanks

yorkylover
29-09-08, 23:50
Some meds can make you feel tired,mine did when I first started them.Anxiety can also make you feel very tired.:hugs:

tom1
30-09-08, 00:01
I took each of these meds a good while before switching to the other and the tiredness side-effect never really went. I was slightly less tired on sertraline but it didn't really agree with me stomach wise. I don't understand how many people don't have this tired feeling I had. When I was on medication all I wanted to do was sleep, sleep and more sleep!

Dahlia
08-10-08, 10:49
I was ridiculously tired on paroxetine, and certainly more tired than normal on fluoxetine, citalopram and sertraline. I also had stomach problems with all 4 of them.

I'm on venlafaxine now and don't seem to have the same tiredness problem.

eljones05
15-01-10, 20:03
Hiya - I was initially put on Citalopram which made me agitated, more anxious etc after 4 weeks the tiredness was killing me - came off them and then tried Prozac -(fluxotine) which made me ill and tired as well - am currently on Lofemaprine which have different chemicals in them - they are in the same group as Prothiediene older types of anti depressants which have worked much better for me. Was told to take them at night but did not sleep first night so decided to take them in the morning -which was ideal cos they keep me awake in the day. I am currently on 1 tablet a day. I am adamant that if tabs make you tired and fatigued out then they simply don't agree with you. Maybe consider Lofemaprine as an option - I'm sure glad I did mad my life so much beta:D