PDA

View Full Version : Had to get up again through stressing!!

Neilr1978
30-09-08, 00:17
Well its just after midnight and ive had to get out of bed.I had been feeling panicy since 7 pm for no reason.MY heart was racing i was a bit shaky and you get that horrible feeling in your stomach.So im trying to get to sleep around 11pm and all i can think about is my heart attack fear,oh what if this that or the other happens?.Well what happens i fell my heart going which makes me worse.so sod it im up now.I do feel a bit better now im on here keeping myself busy.But how in gods name can i keep myself busy when im in bed tryingt oget some sleep?.I need to be up at 5.30 am....not good!!:weep: :weep:

berkshiregirl
30-09-08, 02:24
try and relax, do some deep breathing in for 7 and out for 11 helps me alot try and think of somehthing that makes you happy or a place you like to be and concentrate ony our breathing hope this helps xx

LeeBee
30-09-08, 11:56
Hi neil, it's horrible, isn't being awake and anxious in the middle of the night. When this happens to me I stop trying to get to sleep and just do something distracting but undemanding, like watch a comedy dvd or listening to the radio. Eventually, usually, my anxiety starts to subside and I feel I can go to sleep. It sometimes takes hours, though. Don't worry about having to be up at 5.30 - you can't force yourself to go to sleep and worrying about having to be up won't make any difference. Just make sure you have a decent breakfast when you do get up to give yourself enough energy to get through the day. When I worry about my heart in the middle of the night I try to think "my heart will do whatever its going to do whether I think about it or not". Not sure that that helps but it sometimes works for me :).

amu
30-09-08, 18:37
The evenings are the worst for me too. When I'm not completely out of my mind and I can catch it in time, I drink some herbal tea and seek company, and I do NOT talk about the actual health worry but about something else that worries me or the other person, or about health anxiety itself, or something completely different.

keepemlaughing
30-09-08, 19:01
When I can't sleep, thinking, praying and willing myself to sleep does absolutely no go. I eventually give it up and just lay there knowing that the next day will be very long and tiring. Now I take Seroquel for sleep and I have no more sleepless nights!!

Dazza
30-09-08, 21:49
I always go to bed with a radio on at low volume. It helps me to relax, as it gives me something to listen to other than my heartbeat!!

Give it a try. It really helps me.

Neilr1978
02-10-08, 10:11
I always go to bed with a radio on at low volume. It helps me to relax, as it gives me something to listen to other than my heartbeat!!

Give it a try. It really helps me.

didnt think of that dazza,thanks gonna try that tonight!!:yesyes: