PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

lostsoul84
30-09-08, 07:30
My name's Gary, I'm a 24 y/o guy living in the southern U.S. for the past 2 years I have had a lot of different symptoms that scare me. I've been a NREMT-B for 5 years now. 90 percent of the time i feel lightheaded and separated. Both my arms primarily my left feel heavy and weak. My heart pounds and gets tight. Sounds like a heart attack right. I've had multiple ekg's at work...and by a doc. Stress tests...MRI and Cat-scans. They all show up that I'm healty. I feel like I'm dying. The anxiety is running my life. I can't take much more. I dont want to give up but it's over bearing. I feel like im having a stroke/tia even though I'm not. I contiously control my breathing and the light-headedness continues. My b/p is fine and pulse is fine. I'm at a stand still. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

Veronica H
30-09-08, 08:24
Hi Gary:welcome:
Welcome to NMP. Many of the symptoms you describe sound like typical anxiety/panic symptoms. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'Self help for your nerves' published by Thorsons ISBN 978-0-7225-3155-6. This is avalable from the NMP Shop. I cannot recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover. Her recordings can be downloaded to your MP3 from NMP too. Glad that you have found us. You will find comfort and support here Gary.
Veronica

lostsoul84
30-09-08, 08:36
Thank you for the reply...I will look into the book you suggested. Any help at this point will be greatly appreciated.

lostsoul84
30-09-08, 09:19
Hi...and thank you for the reply tetley I will check that at well. Again all help is appreciated. I'm at whits end.

jodie
30-09-08, 10:07
hiya

:welcome: to nmp

jodie x

lorac
30-09-08, 10:12
Hi Gary

Welcome to the site I am sure you will find many people on here who understand how you feel and you will get lots of good support.

Take care

Carol

jasona
30-09-08, 12:11
hi mate its horrible my life is all ruled by this illness i wake up day after day and wish i had something that was more understanding and rational ive had a zillion tyests done and apparently im the healthiest man in the world but feel like im on deaths door everyday im hoping with so many sufferes on this site we can all help eachother
regards jason

Dazza
30-09-08, 17:30
Hi Gary,

Really sorry to hear about your suffering.

Do you have access to counselling / talking therapy where you are?

I've had all of the symptoms that you described for the past 4 months. It's so distressing, and unless you have been through it, it's tough to understand just how physically ill it can make us feel.

All I can do it off my support. I'm sure that you will also find lots of useful info and advice here that might help you find the right way out of your current anxiety.

All good wishes to you.

Darren

milly jones
30-09-08, 19:16
we welcome you warmly to
no more panic

love milly xx :hugs:

lostsoul84
01-10-08, 06:33
To Milly, Jasona, and Dazza...Thank You all so much for the reply. It is more comforting then words can express to have other people have the same symptoms as I and feel the same to some degree. I don't wish this on anyone. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's nice to have people to relate to. I do feel like I'm dying...but just as ya'll have probably heard too....WE GET A CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH...how do you overcome from that...doctors telling you your fine when you can't get the thought of random medical problems out of your head. So very frustrating. If i can help of you out please don't hesitate to write. Thank you again for all of your support. Sincerely.....Lostsoul