PDA

View Full Version : Question for the ladies...

ellida
30-09-08, 10:59
Hi - just having a panic about periods etc. I was due on today/tomorrow but I started a brown discharge (sorry if tmi) last Friday. I do that before my period proper starts but not normally that early. It's stopped completely today and am now panicking that it's a symptom of sth more sinister. I had a clear smear test about 2 months ago but could be ovarian or uterus problems? Has anyone else had sth similar or able to offer any advice? I've been really strong for the last three months or so and don't want to be feeling like this again....... :weep:.thanks for any help Exx

nickieb
30-09-08, 11:03
Elida

Dont worry, this is normal & usually occurs before your period so stop stressing. The more you worry the more strain this will put on your periods.

Nicola

mary8
30-09-08, 11:05
Hi Ellida,
Please try not to worry, I have had this symptom lots of times before. Sometimes I get brown discharge, other times it's red spotting which starts days before my period is due. You don't acutally say what age you are, I am now 51 and my symptoms started about 5 years ago. I had various tests done and all came back fine. My GP told me I am peri-menopausal. Hope this helps. Take care.

ellida
30-09-08, 12:11
Thanks both.

Mary - I'm 39 so hoping I'm not peri-menopausal yet - should I be worried given my age?
Exx

samc100
30-09-08, 12:19
I don't think it is pre-menopausal.. And you had a clear smear very recently. I think the stress is just causing your cycle to play around a little. Mine did that... drove me mad, never knew when they'd start.... I'd have one day of bleeding then nothing the next.

mary8
30-09-08, 12:24
I really don't think you have anything to worry about Ellida, I also don't think age matters either. most women at some stage or another have odd periods, the brown discharge could just actually be your period, I had one like that recently. There is a website which I found really useful perhaps you should visit it http://www.power-surge.com/php/forums/index.php
Mary xx