PDA

View Full Version : Partners !!!

Missy69
30-09-08, 11:17
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone knew of any good links, books, information for our partners, husbands, wifes, friends ect, so that they could read up on anxiety, and how they could help there partners with coping with it and also just as important how they can find help to deal with it themselves ?
Just sometimes think its impportant for them to be able to find this information if they wanted to.
My husband has been finding it quite hard to accept with my latest episode and keeps asking all sorts of questions, i cant fully explain because i dont want him pampering me all the time, but also would appreciate him having more knowledge of anxiety just so he can understand how difficult things are for me sometimes, rather than just passing me off as lazy and boring and just ill all the time.
I have been looking on the internet, but there doesnt seem to be anything other than help for actual sufferers.
So if any one does have any ideas of were i can get this information from, i would be truely grateful.

Thanks for your help Sarah :wacko:

Cathy V
30-09-08, 11:22
Well you could say that all of the books available for sufferers are also good for family and friends to read. I still stand by the Claire Weekes books, as she does aim alot of her advice at the families of anx sufferers.xxxx :)

Missy69
30-09-08, 11:37
Thanks Cathy,
I have not read any of the Claire weekes books as yet, but had my first one delivered to me this morning. So im going to read that first, thanks for help
Sarah X

leeg
30-09-08, 11:38
hey missy i agree with cathy the claire weekes book called self help for your nerves has a chapter for family to read i gave it to my husband an he said it helped him understand more about what's wrong with me!!:hugs:

lee xxx

Missy69
30-09-08, 11:59
Thanks leeg, I will read the claire weekes and then let hubby read it. But im first as i have been waiting to get my mitts on it !
Hope the cycling come on well and you still enjoying it.

Sarah x