PDA

View Full Version : night out

rois
27-05-05, 14:18
Hi everyone, my brother has got tickets fora concert 2moro night and he wants me and my boyfriend to go and meet his new g/f. Any other night out is a disaster to get ready for, I've 2 get ready hours in advance 2 get the panic out of the way but it's worse when it's a new person I'm going out with. Has anyone got any tips on how to handle this?

Incii
27-05-05, 14:23
Hi Rois
try and be a bit more possative, try some distraction techniques, relaxation and try hard to say to yourself you are looking forward to it rather than preparing yourself for a terrible time, which i'm sure it won't be, once there i'm sure the event itself may be enough to make you feel better, things are not always as bad as we fear so please try and think about having a good time and tell yourself that meeting someone new is always a good thing, she is probebly as nervous at meating new people to, so you will have something in common.

Sharon xxxxx

seh1980
27-05-05, 14:26
Take rescue remedy as that will help. also maybe do a relaxation CD before you go. Hope you have a great time!! :D

rois
27-05-05, 14:27
Thanx for the advice. I think I feel this way because I was doing ok up until two weeks ago (my attacks hadn't been as regular) but I went out with my cousin and his friends many of whom I do not know, I had a major attack and had to go home. It's been really bad since then and I take hours preparing myself just to leave the house. This site is helpful and I will try to take your advice on board, thanx very much:D

Meg
27-05-05, 14:27
Rescue remedy
Look forward to it as its a safe environment with family and friends who know and care for you
Distraction- work at putting her at ease and getting to know her
Enjoy the music.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

rois
27-05-05, 14:28
Seh, what is rescue remedy?

seh1980
27-05-05, 14:33
Rescue remedy is a combination of essential oils that help calm you down. They sell it at Boots. There is a kind that comes in a little bottle ands you spray on your tongue. Is very good for stressful situations. :D

Piglet
27-05-05, 15:00
Or you can get it in any health food shop 'Bach Rescue Remedy' and it comes with a little leaflet to tell you how to use it. Brilliant stuff!

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

rois
27-05-05, 15:41
I'm gona give it a try thanx everyone u r all great people

Meg
27-05-05, 16:34
Rescue Remedy - Help needed (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2298)
rescue remedy (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2303)
Rescue Remedy (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1501)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

kairen
27-05-05, 17:38
Hope you have a great night

take care

kairen x

alexis
27-05-05, 18:21
Hi Rois, I hadent been out to a social event for almost a year when I recently went to a family event, I posted about it, listened to these guys and whilst in church imagined half of the congregation was people from here, theres Kairen Carlin, Nic, Sal, Meg, sarah, to mention only a few.They were strangers to me but it seemed better, i know yours is completely different but I just wanted to let you know I had been as anxious and managed it, good luck, enjoy the concert and company, let us know how it goes,Alexis