PDA

View Full Version : Hypnagogic hallucinations

ElizabethJane
30-09-08, 15:52
I was wondering whether anybody else experiences these? They usuallly occur in the period between being awake and falling asleep. I wasn't disturbed by the image that I saw last night. I saw the image of a woman in a long dress period dress and possibly a bonnet. She was walking towards me. It was all in slow motion but the colours were bright. As soon as I was aware that she was in my room she disappeared. She was unaware of me. I have had hallucinations before and I have experienced hypanagogic hallucinations which involve being unable to breathe or move. I am coming off mirtazapine at the moment. That drug has a lot to answer for!

Anxious_gal
30-09-08, 15:55
your are not alone i get them in the morning i know they are not real so i close my eyes until it goes away, i normally see spiders or the number 1375 maybe i might win the lotto!
mine are always black and white but very detailed, it stated when i went on antidepressants and i only get it now and again now

freakedout
05-10-08, 01:31
Hi there,

I am currently taking Mirtazapine and since taking it I always get these images when I close my eyes in bed at night. They do not last long but are very busy, colourful, dancing patterns. They do not disturb me at all, and actually I sometimes wished they lasted a bit longer.

Years ago though, when I was about 12 in bed at night, I saw what looked like a little old lady walking down the dormitory when I was at boarding school. I closed my eyes and daren't open them again for ages, I just assumed it was a ghost!

Let us know how you are going with coming off Mirtazapine, are you weaning off it?

Take care,

Freaky