PDA

View Full Version : New to the Group

Don
30-09-08, 16:23
Hello everyone. This is my first post on the site. About 1 month ago, I overextended myself, and after a 4 day stint of complete exhaustion, I began to have anxiety symptoms. I read the symptom chart and at one time or another, I could relate to almost all of them.

The most uncomfortable was the irrational thoughts and fears that crept up. This has been the most troubling for me. I now understand it is part of the symptom of anxiety in the recovery process, but does anyone have any idea how long this symptom goes on?

I am seeing a counselor, and have made significant life changes to address my stress. I have been and adreniline junkie for many years and thrived on challenge and doing things. It is obvious, my body begs to differ.

Anyway, I am looking forward to any and all support from all of you and will give my input as well as I move forward in my journey of recovery.

Don

titch
30-09-08, 16:30
HI..welcome to nmp...the thoughts are an awful symptom so are all the others...it will go in time hun...good luck...here if u need a chat..xx:welcome: :bighug1:

titchjd
30-09-08, 16:33
welcome 2 NMP you will get lots of help and support on here xx

Don
30-09-08, 17:00
Thank you for the replies. It is encouraging.

milly jones
30-09-08, 17:30
we welcome you warmly to
no more panic

love milly xx :hugs:

Coni
30-09-08, 17:33
Hi Don,

welcome to NMP...Im sure you'l find the information and support on here helpful.

As to recovery, everyone is very different in terms of their own recovery...what helps, timescales etc so the best advice I can give is take your own time and see what works for you...there are lots of useful tips and advice on here though.

Good luck

Coni XXX

bottleblond
30-09-08, 17:35
Hi Don

Welcome along.

I hope you find some answers here whilst getting some help and support along the way.

Lisa
xxx

lorac
30-09-08, 18:45
Hi Don

Welcome to the site I am sure you will get lots of good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

keepemlaughing
30-09-08, 18:58
Welcome. You sound like you are an outgoing guy that is temporarily going through some stress. This to shall pass my friend.
Blessings,
Sheryl

jodie
30-09-08, 19:07
hiya

:welcome: to nmp

jodie xx