PDA

View Full Version : Can't stop thinking I have a tumor!!

Jo3016
30-09-08, 18:41
Like many of you, I have been worrying that I have something that I am unlikely to have. Every time I convince myself that it is nothing to worry about, my mind says "Ah, but what if it is!!"

I have had dizziness on and off for the last 5 months that got a lot worse with hayfever, cold and plane travel. The doctor says I have a lot of fluid in my ear which has caused this and the tinnitus. The dentist also says I have a very clicky/grinding jaw. My jaw, ear and temple ache every day - sometimes my neck aches too - all on the left side.

I had a nasty throat infection last week and my pain is a lot worse this week - real stabbing pains in my ear and temple and my jaw is stiff and aches. The tinnitus is also a lot louder. In general, my hearing is fine. I have had hearing tests at the hospital and have had my eyes checked too - all ok.

I keep googling the symptoms. The main sites say TMJ but my head pains can be quite nasty - is that all it is? I keep thinking it is something more and then I get really stressed and my headache gets worse all round the back of my head! It's not usually there much when I get up but gets worse during the day. Ibuprofen does really help. I don't have nausea or sickness or any vision problems.

PLease don't let me have a brain tumor!!

anxious
30-09-08, 18:49
Hi Jo,

i've had problems with ears/jaw/teeth/neck/tongue/head on and off for ages.
It can be realy painful and can get you down. Its worse if you are ill or stressed/anxious.
Can you sleep? I really don't think ibuprofen would help if it were a tumor!
I am sure you are fine but tmj is awful :hugs:

anx x

Trixie
30-09-08, 19:03
Like many of you, I have been worrying that I have something that I am unlikely to have. Every time I convince myself that it is nothing to worry about, my mind says "Ah, but what if it is!!"

I have had dizziness on and off for the last 5 months that got a lot worse with hayfever, cold and plane travel. The doctor says I have a lot of fluid in my ear which has caused this and the tinnitus. The dentist also says I have a very clicky/grinding jaw. My jaw, ear and temple ache every day - sometimes my neck aches too - all on the left side.

I had a nasty throat infection last week and my pain is a lot worse this week - real stabbing pains in my ear and temple and my jaw is stiff and aches. The tinnitus is also a lot louder. In general, my hearing is fine. I have had hearing tests at the hospital and have had my eyes checked too - all ok.

I keep googling the symptoms. The main sites say TMJ but my head pains can be quite nasty - is that all it is? I keep thinking it is something more and then I get really stressed and my headache gets worse all round the back of my head! It's not usually there much when I get up but gets worse during the day. Ibuprofen does really help. I don't have nausea or sickness or any vision problems.

PLease don't let me have a brain tumor!!

YOU DO NOT HAVE A BRAIN TUMOUR :flowers: