PDA

View Full Version : A fantastic holiday......

dizzyd
27-05-05, 21:36
As most of you will know over Easter I had a major time with the return of panic attacks. Worse than I have ever experienced in the last 6 years. I was put on cipralex 10mg and as Nic, Linda and Sarah know I depended on lots of encouragement and reassurance from this site to get me through such awful, scary days and nights. When my husband started planning a week away for our 1/2 term (we get 2 weeks which started last Monday) I couldn't begin to imagine that I would go with them. Starting back at work has been such a huge achievement so a holiday was pushing it. The usual sleepless nights of worry ensued and then - whoosh - a turning point - call it what you will - I call it faith.....Most of you will know that I am a Christian and I thought to myself " I need to practice what I say I believe in and take that leap of faith - OK God I'm putting you in control it's over to you ..... If I am to collapse then so be it, you are in control, not me!" Now I'm not going to bible bash or anything like that but one week later and I've had the best holiday. Of course there where wobbly moments and the occasional 'WHAT IF'S?' But once I re-focused and had a chat with him above I was back on track.
I also noticed that I am definitely affected by my diet. Again as most of you know I swear by the GI diet and if I needed proof of a link between high GI foods and raised anxiety levels - I got it!
We had 3 brilliant days in Legoland Windsor - lots of queues, people and dizzy rides. My big symptom of panic is dizziness and guess what I did - The Waltzers!!!! My son couldn't believe that his Mum was able to go on ALL the rides - (neither could I!)
Then it was down to Portsmouth - Again lots of people and queues and EVEN WORSE confined spaces - touring HMS Victory etc
We went on a hovercraft over to IOW and for a fleeting second I felt a bit 'out of my safety zone' but re-focused etc and I was OK
Then the big one - front row of the Ringside at The Moscow State Circus - I loved it - I wasn't even on an aisle end..... WOW!
So people - I am proof - YOU Can Do It - Maybe not every day, maybe not right now , but -YOU CAN - AND WILL.... xx [8D]

Meg
27-05-05, 23:03
Dizzy ,
Whatever helps each of us is a good enough path. Well done for finding yours.

Well done for having a great holiday and putting yourself out there !!

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Karen
27-05-05, 23:19
Well done Dizzy. Glad you had a good holiday.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

alexis
28-05-05, 01:46
Hi Dizzy, thanks, glad your holiday was good, Alexis

seh1980
28-05-05, 10:41
[Wow!] Dizzy well done!! :D

florence
28-05-05, 13:15
Hi Dizzy

Glad to hear you had a good time, and well done for managing so well. [8D][Yeah!]

Take care.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

pips
28-05-05, 20:38
Well Done Dizzy glad you had such a good time Well done you did so well!

Take care

Love PIP'S XX