PDA

View Full Version : Constant checking: I can't leave my lymph nodes alone

LeeBee
01-10-08, 09:49
I keep thinking that the glands under my jaw are swelling up and keep stroking them all the time, I find myself doing it every few minutes now. I want to stop but then I feel a twinge in the nodes and just HAVE to find out if they've got any bigger. As some of you may remember (because I go on about it all the time), I had a viral infection for a couple of months recently during which my lymph nodes were constantly swollen. They've really only gone down again a few weeks ago and I'm just really paranoid that it's going to happen all over again and I'm going to get sick for months and months or find I've got something more serious. The constant checking is driving me crazy. How can I stop it?

mummyto4
01-10-08, 09:54
Hi Leebee, I had this earlier in the year. The more I touched and felt them the worse it got. It was like I had it for weeks and weeks and weeks but I honestly believe I was contributing to making them like it myself as I couldn't leave them alone. As soon as the weather started to get better and I started getting out more I forgot about it and havn't had it again since. Its such a vicious circle. Try not to keep touching and thinking about it (wish I could practice what I preach!).

jodie
01-10-08, 11:39
hi lee bee

i have this now the glands under my jaw hurt and are swollen ,i don't feel ill and don't have cold eather so it has been bothering me :mad: .
i have been to the doc and he said are my teeth ok or have a got a infection in my gum coz that can make them swell ,they have been like this about 3 weeks now .
the doc said the fact that they hurt is a good sign.
i do know the more i am checking them the more they hurt:wacko: so try not to check for a few days and see if they go down

jodie x

LeeBee
01-10-08, 19:50
Thanks guys. I know you're right. I don't think they've any bigger since yesterday so if they are swelling up then they're not swelling up very much. Apart from sitting bolt upright in bed in the middle of the night last night and poking at them, I haven't been too bad. :blush: Thanks for the reassuring words, they have made me feel better.

beabea
09-10-08, 18:48
I have exactly the same problems, the problem is because there is something tangible it makes the anxiety so much worse, hope you're feeling better now.

davidb37026
09-10-08, 18:56
Leave your lymph nodes alone.....there is nothing wrong with you

chocoholic
09-10-08, 21:51
hi
i am going through exactly the same thing at the moment and thought i was going mad to be this extreme. my glands have been up too and i have been thinking allsorts. the worry of course makes the slightest twinge worse but i can only accept this when i am not in pain, as soon as the pain comes its panic city!
at least we all have each other.