PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety in bed - a small setback.

Malton Seadog
01-10-08, 10:02
As you may have read in my post below "Feeling Down? Read my story!" - I thought I was on the path to recovery, but last night had a bit of a setback.

I must admit, I was feeling slightly anxious all day. Not enough to stop me going about my daily routine, but I was always on edge.

Anyway - I watched the football, news and some programme about eating disorders in bed (the latter might not have have been great for my brain just before bed) and turned the light out at around 11:45.

The physical symptoms then started (heartbeat and hot flushes) and continued until around 3:30am when I finally dropped off and woke at 9:45am.

The house was very warm and my bedroom was stuffy, which I think could be one of the causes. I like being in a cold room and snuggling up and don't like sleeping in hot rooms.

I opened my window and took the duvet off me but it still took me a good three hours to fall asleep.

This is a real shame, as I've woken up feeling slightly anxious today too.

I think the best thing for me now is to shower, get dressed and have a walk into town to meet my mum from work. I need to get back into the positive mindset straight away.

For the record, here's my pattern of anxiety from the past week or so:

Monday 22nd - quite bad in the evening, 4-5 hours of anxiety.
Tuesday 23rd - constant from 12noon to 8pm, very calm after 8.
Wednesday 24th - constant from 12noon til 6pm, calm after 6.
Thursday 25th - slightly anxious, great from 7pm onwards.
Friday 26th - anxiety free day!
Saturday 27th - Anxious for only 30 minutes or so. Another good day.
Sunday 28th - Anxious for 30 minutes or so. Another good day.
Monday 29th - anxiety free day!
Tuesday 30th - slightly anxious all day. Kept awake til 3am.

I suppose I was so disappointed because I've only had an hour or so of anxiety since Thursday evening.

I know I'm better than I was, so I have to treat last night as a one off and see what happens.

Thankfully, it was ONLY physical and there were no thoughts involved, which suggests to me that it COULD have been that I was genuinely too hot and that it wasn't anxiety but just a genuine hot flush and 'heat' attack.

Anyway - I'll see how today goes!

jill
01-10-08, 10:33
Hi hun :D:hugs:

It is soo important when we are recovering (and you are, well done:hugs:) on how we use our self thoughts, please don't see this as a set back, make it less important. I feel you felt a little hot and your mind over reacted a little to how you felt, thats ok, its all part of recovery.

You have woken up feeling a little anxiety, self thoughts, thats ok too, you know what your doing and YOU have allready said, what to do next (thats great hun, be proud of yourself :yesyes:) we try NOT to focus on what went wrong, but focuse MORE on what to do next and YOU are allready doing this :yesyes:

Hunny, try to NEVER be diissapointed with yourself, part of recovery is little blips or hiccups from time to time, please try and see this. Focus MORE on how well your are doing, BECAUSE YOU ARE doing soooo well, praise yourself, feel good about the times you get them breaks from anxiety.

So hun, put last night down to the fact you were to hot and today, focus on getting out and try to be happy doing that, anxiety IS DAME hard to work on, even in recovery, blips, hiccups do happen, BUT , they get less and less as time goes on, but, it does take time hun.

Be kind to yourself, YOU ARE DOING GREAT.

YOU TAKE CARE:hugs:

LOVE JILLXX

leeg
01-10-08, 10:35
i have a fan beside my bed and i fall asleep every night with it blowing on me even on a cold night i love the feeling of air on me maybe u should give it a go trying to sleep in a warm room in not good for anyone whether they have anx or not my hubby cant stand it an he doesnt suffer anx he loves the fan as well

lee xx

Malton Seadog
02-10-08, 10:19
Looks like it was a case of just being too hot, as last night I had a great night's sleep! :shades: