PDA

View Full Version : Irregular bleeding-ladies only.

Laylag
01-10-08, 10:37
Hi,
I gave birth to my son almost seven months ago.He is my fourth child and was my third CSection.Since having him I have had Irregular vaginal bleeding.I have been on the prog only pill,but have recently come off it as it made my anxiety symptoms worse.I had a scan three months ago which showed I had a small simple cyst on my ovary,the dr didnt seem worried.My bleeding ranges from brown spotting on and off all month to a couple of days bright red presumably my period.I dont bleed after sex and had a smear test done last week.Just wondered what this could be,Im 32 years old.

learner
01-10-08, 10:51
Sorry you are having a rough time but I think you should give your body time to settle down. Anxiety can cause sypmtoms of spotting on and off and sometimes no period at all or even non-stop bleeding, with extreme tiredness.

julie

mary8
01-10-08, 10:59
Hi Laylag
Please try not to get anxious as I am positive you have nothing to worry about. The pill you were taking can cause irregular bleeding (it did to me). You need to give your body time to settle back down again. Also the small cyst on your ovary is absolutely normal, lots of women get them every month without even realising it, I had quite a large one some time ago but on a further scan it had gone. You have also had a smear test which was clear. I have had spotting ranging from brown to red in the past which has lasted for days on end. I just think sometimes our periods just go a bit mad. Take care and don't worry you are fine. x

jodie
01-10-08, 11:22
hiya

try not to worry my periods did not come right after having my little girl for a year and even now they are not right ,i have been to the doc and had hormone tests but all seems to be ok there ,it is still early for you after having your baby maybe give it time and see if things settle down some

jodie xx

titch
01-10-08, 12:23
HEY HUN!! my mate has always had this problem...a few years back she had a cyst when they operated the seen she had endometriosis too which my mum also has...anyway after having another baby last year her stomach been playing up again she went to see a garnocolagist (spelling lol) and she has two cysts on her ovaries she is constantly having irregular bleeds...the other week she lost a big clot was horrid lol... but apart from that she fine hope this helps a little...feel free to message me anytime...good luck...xxx