PDA

View Full Version : HRT

Jenny
01-10-08, 15:39
This is for us ladies of a certain age.

I have been taking HRT (propanolol) along with Setraline for over a year now, and just recently I have been back to see my GP for a check up. I have been having Migraine and feeling generally unwell, dizzy, chronic tiredness, and days when I feel sick all the time. She took my B/P and it was high. I have to go back in two weeks for a further check-up. Anyway, she said all of this was down to the HRT especially the Migraine and high B/P so she told me to stop it immediately. I know there are lots of women who swear by HRT, but it wasn,t for me. It did stop the hot flushes, so I suppose they will come back, but I might try a herbal remedy. I really was begining to think there was something very wrong somewhere. She has put my mind at rest.

Jenny xx

titch
01-10-08, 15:48
HEY HUN! cant really help you with this one just wanted to say get well soon n put ya feet up love and chill!!! xx

Southern_Belle
08-10-08, 16:01
Hi Jenny,

I started perimenopause at 35. I started having a period a year at 40 and was completely done at 45. Young by most standards. I also tried HRT for two months and had to stop due to migraines that put me in bed for 3 days at a time. I will say I never had hot flashes but could write a book about the night sweats. If you have any questions on how to go through this phase of your life naturally please private message me. Do take care.

Laura

pongo's mum
11-10-08, 20:16
Hi, this is a prob isn't it HRT and high bp? My partner has just started the menopause, and cannot have hrt because of high bp.

I went and had a look at Gillian McKeith's web sites to see what she had to say.

Now my partner takes magnesium, fish oils, zinc with vit c, eichinachea, (excuse my spelling) thats for general fighting off colds etc.

And, also have a look at the weleda web site, they have excellent remedies that are drug free. Also perhaps selenium would benefit you?

Eat lots of oily fish, nuts seeds etc. take caffine out of your diet, go onto green tea, Typhoo's green tea is lovely, you can hardly tell the diff' especially if you like a strong cuppa :bighug1: