PDA

View Full Version : cant switch off!!!!

worrywort1977
01-10-08, 20:43
Hiya All - Not sure if anyone else is like this or not but from the minute i get up on a morning i have this constant feeling like something horrible is going to happen to me i.e heart attack, stroke my main fear is always dying.

it doesnt matter how much i try i just cant seem to break the cycle of thought - can anyone suggest anything - i just want my life back again - like everyone else i guess - sorry just feeling sorry for myself

xxx

Milo Girl
01-10-08, 20:50
Hi I know exactly how you feel. I too wake up in the morning and I can feel the tension coming over me. It feels like a wave. I try very hard to relax but the more I think about it the worse it gets. I find that once I get involved in doing something else then I realise that the tension is passing. Rest assured you are not alone - hope this helps.

worrywort1977
01-10-08, 21:10
Hiya - yeah im ok when im doing something to keep my mind off it - but i feel like i have to be on the go 24/7 cause if i stop thats when i start thinking again - its like any little pain etc freaks me out.

Wish there was a miracle tablet with no side effects to take it away LOL!!!!

If anyone has any good ideas that might help id really appreciate it

x

lostsoul
01-10-08, 21:19
know exactly where your coming from - I tell you what there will come a point when you realise that you are not going to die and theres nothing physically wrong with you - I´ve been riddled with anxiety and depression for 10 months now and I´m still alive!!! problem is this has made my anxiety worse as i now know that there is no easy medical cure.

Might be different for you for lots of people just reasurance that they are not going to die is enough to releive anxiety - I take it you´ve had all the medical test and their clear. I went through a phase when I was convinced all the docs were wrong but they do know their jobs and if there were any signs of anything serious they would be looking into it. U

worrywort1977
01-10-08, 21:43
Hiya - Yeah im the same ive had every test going i think ecg, mri, blood tests you name it i think ive had it - but im still convinced there is something seriously wrong with me its awful why cant i just believe them.

i cant even take tablets they give me cause im to scared about the side effects - i read the leaflets and thats it im off.

The reassurance is nice and you do need it to keep plodding on i think - but them little mind demons always come back with a vengenace.

Its just awful because i use to love time on my own and now im to scared to be on my own in the house etc incase something happens to me.

Daft Eh
xx

Captain America
02-10-08, 00:24
no not daft. funny i made a trip to the ER last weekend, late saturday. it was my first time alone in the house in a long time and must have been enough to set me off.

cbt helped me a lot with the day to day coping. if you can get into it it does help some. even as i drove myself to emergency (obviously i knew i wasn't dying or probably would not have considered doing that) i told myself that if it was just anxiety it would be my last trip there. i said the same thing in june!

silly disease this is

Simply Red
02-10-08, 12:07
Hi Worrywort,

I too feel exactly the same and wish more than anything i could find a magic pill and be 'normal' again! I panic everyday about dying and leaving my hubby and kids alone. Distraction really works most of the time, I keep myself busy with housework (my house has never been so clean!) and long chats on the phone to friends are brilliant too.

When i am having a particularly bad day and anxiety is really high i just remind myself that i haven't died yet and if i were having a heart attack it would be the worlds longest one!

take care

Red xx:hugs:

Ddcoo
02-10-08, 15:44
To take my mind off how I am feeling I do 1,ooo piece jigsaw, not every ones cup of tea I admit, but it does seem to help if I have to stay in all day with my anxious thoughts. Do hope that you find something interesting to take your mind off yourself. Love Di x:)

keepemlaughing
02-10-08, 16:34
I don't want to sound preachy, but my faith in God keeps me from worrying about death. I don't want to die early, but I know where I am going if I do. I have had the odd moments of despair over wondering who will take over the care of my three granddaughters I am raising. But, I trust God gave them to me for a reason and he is trusting me to raise them right. So, try not to worry hun. Its not the end of the world.
Blessings,
Sheryl

worrywort1977
02-10-08, 20:13
Just want to say thank you so much to everyone - its really nice to know that all you guys are out there if i need to talk even though you are going through hard times yourselves.

Im going to try the things that you have all suggested i have even signed up for a meditation course as someone told me that meditation is really good - Hope So.

If i can be off any help to anyone else pls get in touch.

:hugs: xxx