PDA

View Full Version : heya, new here

dannyboi
02-10-08, 04:58
Hey, my names danny, im a 21 yr old uni student entering my third year
Basically iv had panic issues since i was about 14 but iv had some form of agrophobia since i was about 17 and started recieving help since then. Iv seen my gp, had anti despressents, councelling, hypnotherapy and cbt however dont feel amazingly better, but i suppose without those things i could be alot worse. I think the reason that iv had no significant improvement is that its hard and so when im in trouble i do something about it but when i feel ok i just try and egnor it, which means not doing any of the hard stuff, bad idea, lol. anyway iv decided its time 2 really make a life change and stick to it this time. which is a big reason why im joining this site, i really wanna get stuck into turning my life around. I do have a few questions though if anyone would be kind enough to answer:
My agrophobia prevents me being far from home (about 20 mins max) and i find travelling hard as this is when my thoughts can fester, (i drive, often alone because when things aren't bad i enjoy it alot and i do fight hard not to lose things i enjoy doing) the thing is im absolutely terrified of my agrophobia getting worse and me not being able to leave the house, at the moment even though things are hard and there are ALOT of things id like to be able to do but cannot, there are still alot of things i can do and im really scared of losing them, they are the things which stop me from being very upset all the time. firstly i have neva been able to get much information about how likely it is that my fears may happen and things might get worse? where i am now, somewhere between totally free and housebound, is that common? or is it just a steppingstone? also its parcially this fear which is causing me to panic, like how some people are afraid of dying when they panic i feel "if i panic now its gonna bring me closer to my ultimate fear of becoming housebound" its a really hard fear not to listen to because i dont no its not true and obviously keeps me on edge ALOT.
Im sorry for rambling on but any help would be greatly appreciated, also thankyou, the website has already given me some great ideas about how best to go about the changes im gonna make, including diet and keeping a journal.

Thanks
Danny

Missy69
02-10-08, 08:16
:yahoo: :yahoo: Big Welcome Danny :yahoo: :yahoo:

leeg
02-10-08, 08:42
hi danny i suffer from agrphobia so i know how you feel i can leave the house but only on my terms like in a car or on a bike and i like to know i can get home quickly if i need to so what you have i would say is not unusual agrophobia does not mean you are housebound it means that you are afraid of being somewhere where you dont feel safe put simply its on our own terms where we go so keep positive (easier said than done i know) :yesyes:

lee xx

jodie
02-10-08, 10:38
hiya

:welcome: to nmp

jodie xx

pooh
02-10-08, 13:58
Hi there and welcome to NMP

Pooh x

Dazza
02-10-08, 15:54
Hi Danny,

Glad that you found this site!

you will find lots of useful info, advice and support here.

Welcome to the nmp family! :hugs:

Darren

lorac
02-10-08, 16:15
Hi Danny

Welcome to the site, I understand how you feel as do many others on this site and I am sure you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

milly jones
02-10-08, 16:16
welcome to our nmp family

love milly xxx

keepemlaughing
02-10-08, 16:27
Welcome, Danny. May you find peace and comfort here.
Blessings,
Sheryl

kellie
02-10-08, 17:17
Hiya :welcome: to NMP its great to have you here.