PDA

View Full Version : help guys

superted
02-10-08, 08:33
huy guys,
need some advise. i had a strange experience last night that was new to me and as with all sufferes am questioning if it is something else or just a different panick attack? it didnt feel like one though, although it did make me panick. i was lying in bed and suddenly felt really weak, i sat up and started sweating real badly for about 2 min. my partner got me a drink of water which i sipped but i felt like i needed sugar or something so i ate a chocolate bar. i then rejoined this world. im wondering, could this be diebetis? or just another trick caused by my over active mind. id really appreciate some feedback asap before i make a fool of myself at the doctors again...

thanx guys

rob...:unsure:

leeg
02-10-08, 08:37
hi rob i think it sounds like your sugar levels had dropped i get this often i think all pa sufferers are really aware of how our body feels i dont have diabetes i just feel weak ,ill and sometimes feel shaky its something i have got used to now polo mints are good to suck throughout the day they help me anyway:blush:

lee xx

LeeBee
02-10-08, 08:43
Could you just have had low blood sugar? Low blood sugar can make you feel more anxious and thirsty, lightheaded/weak/shaky, and crave sugar. I've had something similar before, when I've not eaten well in the evening. I go to bed then wake up feeling anxious, weak, shaky, thirsty. Water and a couple of bite of a muesli bar usually do the trick for me. It happened a few times some weeks ago and I was feeling generally very anxious as well. I, like you, thought diabetes. I went to the doctor and she explained that diabetic thirst is like a HUGE thirst - your body is desperate to get rid of the sugar so you want to gulp glass after glass. And you need to urinate all the time too. What did you have to eat during the day?

superted
02-10-08, 08:43
cheers lee, thats good to hear. ive had the weakness many times before but never had sweating like that. probably just another symton of my anxiety. just another one to join the thousand of others lol.

rob ..:yesyes:

Zotamis
02-10-08, 08:47
Hey rob

When I get extremely hungry (havent eaten in about a day) I feel weak as well. I dont have diabetes, ive had tests done.

I eat some crackers or pretzels and I feel better.

Hope this helps.

superted
02-10-08, 08:57
i had a take away last night along with a bag of sweets witch i shared with my partner, so maybe all that rubbish is what caused this. the part that made me panick was the sweating, thats never happened before..

rob..:unsure:

pinkpiglet
02-10-08, 08:58
Hi Rob, don't know if you read my post a few weeks ago about my middle-night experience! I woke up at 3am, felt sick as a dog but too weak to get out of bed, i was sweating and clammy, but cold. I managed to crawl to the loo where i lay unable to even vomit as i was so weak. I managed to crawl back to bed, my heart was racing and i thought it would thud out of my chest. My bloke woke up and said i was grey. I thought 'oh my god, this is it, i'm dying!' i was very frightened and i had to go to A & E. I was kept in for observation and they said that it sounded like a panic attack (i thought this unlikely as i had been fast asleep, but apparantly it can happen), they also said that it could be a reaction to the fluoxetine i had just started taking.
My doctor thinks that it was an adrenalin rush. Like an over reaction???
So, who knows? I have been fine since, havent experienced it again..........Thank god!
Does this sound like your attack?

LeeBee
02-10-08, 09:03
I did a google search (not good normally, I know, but in this case OK I think :)). Hypoglycemia can also cause sweating, a feeling of warmth, or coldness and clamminess, palpitations, tachycardia... there's quite a long list. There's a theory that it's actually the blood sugar "crash", the speed at which your blood sugar drops, rather than how low it is, that causes a lot of the symptoms. If you'd eaten a lot of sweets, your body would process the sugar very quickly and it would be in and out of your bloodstream in a short space of time. So I guess that makes sense?

superted
02-10-08, 09:05
yes a little pink, apart from i was still awake and didnt feel sick but everything else was there. being a sufferer of a panick/anxiety disorder is crazy dont you think guys??? the symptons and thoughts are constantly changing, just as you learn to cope with one effect another comes along and bites you right on the a___. it makes me laugh sometimes but most the time im sh__ing myself.

rob:yesyes:

superted
02-10-08, 09:18
i think youve nailed it leebee. i googled it myself and it ticks all the boxes. it also expained that its nothing to worry about, like you said its just a sudden drop in blood sugar.
thanks for all the input guys i feel much better now

rob