PDA

View Full Version : Fluoxetine Help Question - LADIES ONLY

pinkpiglet
02-10-08, 08:49
Hi there , can anyone tell me wether Fluoxetine can affect our menstrual cycle? Can it stop your periods or knock them out of sync? Can it affect the contraceptive pill? I would be grateful for a reply, thanks ladies xxx

ruthb1
02-10-08, 10:59
hi there,

i have been on fluxontine on and off for about 2 years now. it has messed a little with my menstural cycle as in i am now evry 21 days not 28. that is the only thing really i have noticed fluxotine is also used to treat PMT so maybe that is the reason.

hope this helps

take care

ruth

noach4
24-11-08, 08:20
I have been using fluoxetine for 2 years now and have also been taking the pill,(yasmin). haven't expierienced any side affects or differences except for ongoing lake of libido!!!! Don't know if that is caused by any of the meds or just because I'm a women and mother of three!, good luck!

Oceanblue
24-11-08, 08:50
Hi,

The main reason why I take Fluoxetine is to help PMS, although I am still having afew problems, the meds have definately helped. As Fluoxetine is regulary prescribed for these symptoms, then I believe they can disrupt your cycle.

I haven't had a period this month, still waiting,.. I have felt most of the emotional symptoms of depression, etc and also physical sickness and pain, but nothing has happened. This could may well be the Fluoxetine itself or it could also be put down to stress, I don't know, all I know is that this has happened to me before.

Hope this helps alittle. xx

Panic08
08-12-08, 01:28
im on this for panic and i've not noticed any difference