PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety control of me.

tomothered
02-10-08, 12:08
Hi guys,

I've been suffering for anxiety since 18 im now 21, but over the last 8 weeks its got out of hand, it started when i was in work where i got derealization, this caused me to have a panic attack. When i normally get home i can relax, but this time i couldn't even relax at home anymore i was getting anxious everywhere. So this caused me to be really stressed and pannicy over a few weeks.

I have another problem now. My cousin came around to my house few weeks ago, in general chat he told me about this person that meditated and after he couldn't breath without thinking about it, any normal day i would have just replied thats wierd or somthing but after in my pannicy stressed mood i found my self really thinking about what he had said, in the end thought so deep, i ended up feeling the same way and ended up having a panic attack, even though i knew this was utter rubish.

At the moment i am paranoid about breathing although i can forget about it, it still pops up alot. I can't stop thinking about all bad things and can't take any good things in. My mind is rulling me. Im with a councilor but don't seem to be working. Any suggestions ??

thanks Tomo

Tom_M
02-10-08, 12:14
Don't worry about your breathing. If you held your breath until you passed out you would just start breathing normal again. You can't hurt yourself by controlling your breathing. Learn how to relax and do the breathing exercises to control your panic.

Tom

tomothered
02-10-08, 12:39
Thanks Tom

Somtimes i just need to hear somthing like that, it reasures me. The only problem is if i control my breathing and get back to a content mood and feel more relaxed, i can't help thinking about the past few weeks, it feels like i can't break out of these stupid thoughts and if i think about them they make me panic again.

titch
02-10-08, 13:01
HEY HUN!! aww i know exactly how you feel hun...sounds silly but when you feel that you "cant" breath just start singing along to any song or just sing alone lol..it helps because youll be concentrating on the song and singing gets your breathing back to normal...weird i know lol...also its supposed to release a stress hormone thing lol...good luck...xxx