PDA

View Full Version : On verge of an attack...

cassi23
02-10-08, 16:46
Just feeling really pants, feel as though something terrible is about to happen to me, feel as though my heart is racing through the roof...but it isnt, my pulse is normal, rate and rhythm normal...why does my body do this to me, my thoughts and typing are so fast i cant seem to calm down, i just feel naff physically...

aaarrrggghhh:scared15:

keepemlaughing
02-10-08, 17:15
Cassi,
Hun just breathe! SOunds like you have to get your mind on something else immediately. You are okay, but I know how you feel. Are you on meds? Can you call someone to talk to? I hope you feel better soon even though I didn't offer much comfort.
Blessings,
Sheryl

pinkpiglet
02-10-08, 17:20
Hi there! anxiety really is a pain in the arse isnt it? Sorry that you'r having a bad episode, have you tried taking a warm (not hot) relaxing bubble bath and listening to some relaxing music. This usually helps me to wind down a bit and the panic starts to subide (although not always straight away).

Awww poor you chick, love and hugs coming at ya!

sekhmet
03-10-08, 19:53
Hi Cassi,

This might sound a bit silly (and probably only helps if you're alone!), but what I have found really helps me when I'm having an attack is to start doing yoga, even if for just ten minutes. I've gotten so used to the poses and breathing now that I do it automatically, and that generally helps me snap out of it. Another thing that helps, particularly when you're overbreathing is to start singing - it automatically regulates your breathing and gives you something else to concentrate on.

Hope you feel better!

curly63uk
03-10-08, 22:07
hi Cassi
hope you are ok?I get those attacks most nights.firstly you must try to focus on something else.if you are up no sleeping wash the dishes or do something thats going to take yor mind off it.its such a horrible feeling.it will pass.stay srong and think to your self you are not alone with these attacks and tommorrow is going to be a better day....jill x

Dazza
03-10-08, 22:11
Aww Cassi,

I really feel for you. It's so horrible when this happens, you feel so agitated, worried and scared.

I hope you have managed to find a way to calm down?

Like other members say, you need to distract yourself with something else...music, TV, having shower.

Take care

keepemlaughing
03-10-08, 23:55
Cassi, I hope that you are feeling better by now. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Neilr1978
04-10-08, 13:37
hope you feeling better now!!

owainm
04-10-08, 15:46
Hi cassi I have the same prob although I do not actually suffer from frequent panic attacks I am at the momment going through a very bad patch of GAD, I have only had 20-30 real panic attacks but constantly have this feeling that I am going to loose control and flip out and I totally feel for you as it is a nightmare to live with some days all I can do is walk from one end of my house to the other and back as I am too uptight to sit still. Are you sleeping ok that is the weird thing with me at the mo I am sleeping like a log but as soon as Im up which is not usualy anywhere between 3-5 in the afternoon as I have turned night into day then the anx starts firing again, if you are not on any meds go see your doc cause what I have found is that when I have tried to fight it without meds (I had been off them for about two years until this recent attack) it escalates the prob casue by trying to fight it you are making yourself more tense

cassi23
06-10-08, 18:30
Hi everyone,

thanks for your replies and kind words, I did try to take my mind off it and breathing techniques, and managed to calm myself down, I get this weird feeling in my chest, like my hearts about to stop...then the fear of dying and doom and gloom thoughts come over me and the real problem im sure is that I am anticipating something awful to happen, I just tried to tell myself its anxiety-nothing will happen to me,and it seemed to help.

caught me very off guard as not happened for a while, but thanks again for suggestions and idea's, i'll definately give them a go next time:flowers:

Cassi xxxxxxxx

JohnBliss
06-10-08, 20:36
Hi
Another approach which you might try which sounds contradictory but which does work is to welcome the impending panic attack and tell it to do its worst.I paid good money for this advice and was very sceptical but Ihave been using the approach when I have felt panic building and have not had a panic attack for many months. Distraction is also a very good tool.
Bestof luck
John