PDA

View Full Version : Why oh why ?

tomothered
02-10-08, 18:43
hi everyone,

Everytime i read something or hear about something about somone eg illness i automatically think its happening to me. I feel really anxious at the moment after reading somthing on the other thread about high heart rate, now i can't calm down. I know i am vunerable because i am stressed and anxious lately. But this has got to stop.

Dazza
02-10-08, 18:49
Hi,

Many of us here understand how you feel. I was vertually paralyised for a few weeks with the fear that you describe... but a big part of your recovery is to accept that your current state of anxiety is only TEMPORARY! it will change.

CONS
02-10-08, 18:54
Its self-projection and is natural, try to read up on only the essentials relevant to you.

CONS

smcc8172
02-10-08, 20:15
Every time I read about something that starts me off on a panic I console myself that at least it will take my mind off my last 'obsession'. Sometimes I even look fondly back on some past obsession and think 'oh if only this --------- (insert latest health 'thing' ) would go I would quite happliy put up with---------- (insert some previous obsession that I had got over) then I get that and start obessesing all over again grrrrrrrrr!

keepemlaughing
02-10-08, 20:57
I used to actually get their symptoms! It was as real as real can get. I don't know when that stopped happening but for years I had everything from cancer to MS in my mind.
Sheryl