PDA

View Full Version : Hello me newbie too, hoping for shared info

pongo's mum
02-10-08, 19:00
Hello. I was diagnosed with depression at the age of 22. I'm now 47. The Gp i saw prescribed me prothiaden, and it was great for me, and helped me move along, and cope.

Then because i've moved around the UK a lot with my ex's job, i met lots of GP's who had their own favourite medications. (I bet this sounds so familiar?)

So ive tried prozac and seroxat too. Lately i noticed that my seroxat dosage was going up to 60mgs a day. My current gp was very alarmed at this. (I felt ok). So it was 60mgs of seroxat, and nitrazepam to sleep at night.
I gave up seroxat and nitrazepam, since May 08, sl-o-w-l-y! And am now on gamanil. lotherpramine? I don't think i am on the right dose for me? Gamanil plus pmt is hell, the final straw for me was my partner of 6 years saying she feels she needs to be in a bubble to protect herself from my sheer nastyness when i have pmt, which manifests itself in crippling depression. My next idea is to go back to my GP, query the dose of gamanil, and possibly seek therapy

Dazza
02-10-08, 19:02
Hi pongo's mum

Glad that you founds this site!

I don't have much experience of meds, so can't really advise you, but I just wanted to welcome you here! :hugs:

You will get lots of useful info, advice and support here.

pongo's mum
02-10-08, 19:08
Hello Dazza, nice to speak to you.

There is a book 'dealing with the black dog?' This bubble idea was found in there by my partner?

Now it may well be me??? But saying that to someone you share your life with and love is like saying "see when you eat boild eggs? Well i'm not going to speak to you"

This bubble business came after i very first admitted to being v v v low indeed, and for me to ask for help is a big deal. The bubble thing really annoyed me, which is bizarre! Why shouldnt my partner protect herself in which ever way possible?

But part of me was v v hurt, and mad at letting my guard down and asking for help.

Am i a bad or mad person?

jodie
02-10-08, 19:12
hiya

:welcome: to nmp

jodie xx

milly jones
02-10-08, 19:17
welcome to our nmp family

love milly xxx

pongo's mum
02-10-08, 19:21
hello hello hello, lovely photos and avatars. I cant even spell boiled egg!

pongo's mum
02-10-08, 19:32
where can i go from here to ask info and advice on

medication
helping my partner help me
therapy? has it helped YOU?

bottleblond
02-10-08, 19:52
Hi there!

WELCOME to NMP!!!

There is a section on the forum "MEDICATION" that people post about concerns, questions and all other aspects of meds, you may find alot of helpfull information there, you can also ask your own questions.

I am like you and have been on many different meds. The one i am on at the moment is Venlafaxtine and it seems to be suiting me, still doesn't make me brave enough to go out though Lol.

Good luck hun and lovely to see you here
Love Lisa
xxx

pongo's mum
02-10-08, 20:30
hello bottle.......whats your medication like? Do you feel a lot better, or just ok?:)

bottleblond
02-10-08, 20:49
I would say, more stable than anything else! kinda keeps me on an even keel xx

keepemlaughing
02-10-08, 20:53
Welcome from me as well!!
Blessings,
Sheryl

pooh
03-10-08, 02:02
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

pongo's mum
03-10-08, 18:42
hello hello all lovely peeps and photos and avatars. As you can see i cannot even spell boiled egg, let alone boil one. Dear me.:lac: it says near this smiley that its a 'lac'. Whatever that is?

Listen i think that kettles that switch themselves off are cool, i dont have gadget phobia strangely, just get over excited when they do what they say they will on the tin.

Bit like seroxat. I enjoyed that. Of course like 100's of thousands of other people i din't worry about it until i forgot to take it foe a few days. Then felt very strange. It was a great help to me, and i'm not sure if i like this gamanil, lotherpramine (?) As much? And, have been feeling very, not ill, i hesitate to say it out loud, but down right suicidal on it. Perhaps the dose isn't right?

pongo's mum
03-10-08, 18:44
Yes and Love Light and Peace to you lovely people, with avatars and photos, and anyone else who's in here feeling a bit low, at the mo.

pongo's mum
05-10-08, 16:13
Anyone got any info on gamanil? Im taking 70mgs x 2 at night.
I was on 60mgs of seroxat a day?

Anyone with an opinion on gamanil vs Seroxat?

Or anything at all?

milly jones
06-10-08, 19:21
welcome to no more panic

good to meet you

milly xx

kellie
06-10-08, 20:37
Hiya :welcome: to NMP its great to have you here.
you will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.

pongo's mum
07-10-08, 19:00
saw gp yesterday, granted he wasn't my usual gp, he recommended i put the dose up to 210gms from 140gms. (I was on 70mgs x 2 per night).

I dont know if it will work. Is there anyone who would recommend their meds in here?

Southern_Belle
09-10-08, 15:07
Hi Pongo's Mum,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get support. I'm sorry but I'm not on your medication. I suggest you go to the Medication Board and you will find answers there on all types of meds.

Take care,

Laura

pongo's mum
09-10-08, 21:20
Ta Belle