PDA

View Full Version : New Here and very frustrated with health and panic

TracieSzakal
02-10-08, 21:13
Hello, New to the forum. My name is Tracie and I'm 35 years old, female with 4 kids, had a tubal. I first want to say, been to several doctors, they are stumped. Put me on Paxil and Librium because they say I have panic and anxiety BUT what is causeing this anxiety? I am at my wits ends. I am not functioning right, especially a week before my period.

Here's what my symptoms are:
-Swollen lymph nodes in the neck I can feel (esp the back left side)
-Fast heart beat with palpitations when I panic
- sensations like someone is spreading icy hot on my body especially my arms. legs, back and chest
-shakes and dizziness and little nausea. Nausea isn't bad.
-feels like I have low blood sugar but I eat small meals every 3-4 hours and been tested for diabetes, the A1C (sp?) is 5.9
-lips and nose go numb when I have panic
-I want to jump out of my skin and run away sometimes
-EXTREMELY gassy (both ends) causes discomfort and chest pain*

*seen the Cardiologist, one of the best in Michigan, Dr. Grines, and she gave me the Stress Test with Contrast Imaging and no blockages and she gave me a clean bill of "cardiac" health.

-My lower abdoman is tender near my ovaries (had a Uterine Ablasion last Nov.) for HEAVY bleeding

-My breasts are VERY tender a week before my period (hard to hug kids, feels like rocks in them or like they were when I was engorged...just THAT sensation)and I leak breast milk or milky discharge out my left breast the other one leaks clear very little (which my gyno is aware of)One month it looked brownish in 1 duct. Now it's whitish with a slight yellow tinge. (uggghhh being a woman, I just cry sometimes)

I have 4 kids, nursed them all at least 8-9 months as babies. I have Hypothyroidism, and been on several antidepressants in my lifetime and weaned off Xanax last week and was put on Librium. The chest pains are, I'm told, gas related and panic. Frankly, I am tired of feeling like this. It's like a monkey on your back, a VERY annoying monkey I might add. I find life very hard, especially that week before my period. I have high chloresteral BEFORE taking Zocor, it's 170 now with the good chloresteral being 46

To describe me right now, which prompted me to write this topic is that I am panicky, breasts sore, sore neck but not like a sore throat. I feel shaky, a little feverish but no fever, under my arm pits are tender and I am losing my hair in clumps. I am tired of the thinning hair over the years. I can't function and my kids NEED me, my husband needs me. My kids are 13, 12, 11 and 9 years old. The problem that I have is doctor's don't take people with anxiety/panic/mental disorders seriously unless you go to a psychologist, in my opinion.
I take:
Lexoxyl (.125 mcg)
Paxil (20 mg)
Libruim (5 mg) when needed (before period need more like every 3-4 hours)
Chromium Picolinate (1 day)
Omega 3 (3 a day)
Webozyms (3 a day)
Zocor (20 mg) at 5 pm
Detrol LA (4 mg)
Ambian CR (12.5 mg) nightly
Colace (3 a night)
Acidolphlis Pearls (1 a night)
Pepcid AC (when needed)
Calcium Viactiv Glides (at night so not to interact with thyroid)

I am absolutely going crazy here because the doctors can't find anything, meaning from the blood tests they have taken. Maybe they are missing something, or not taking the RIGHT tests??? I was also checked for Celiac Sprue, because some tests were elevated but the gastrointologist rechecked me and told me I didn't have this. But he also was frustrated with my anxiety as I ask to be knocked out when they do the biopsy. He decided I didn't "NEED" the biopsy!!! I am a basket case and yes, I am a nervous person by nature, but I also NEVER been this bad... EVER!!! 4 months of HELL!!! I need guidance and a new doctor. Something isn't right, my whole body is telling me this and doctors aren't taking me seriously. My quality of life is WAY DOWN! Almost to the point where I can't breathe, but I am breathing, I eventually get over it and wake up alive, which I am so thankful for. I just want a "normal" life, like I used to have. I even swear to myself that I will never complain about anything again if I can just be cured and live a normal healthy life!!!!!
Thank you so much for any replies or suggestions!
Tracie Szakal
DocTracie2@aol.com (DocTracie2@aol.com)

milly jones
02-10-08, 21:19
wow hunny

welcome to our nmp family

love milly xxx

Dazza
02-10-08, 21:23
Hi Tracie,

Glad that you joined the site!

You will find lots of useful info, advice and support here.

Welcome to the NMP family!

cazzamagui1
02-10-08, 21:24
hi tracie love alot of wht ur sayin sounds like me 2 i ave most of the symtoms u ave every day, i wake with them and go to sleep with them,i ave been this way since feb of this yr....my doc is the same cant find anythin ...not very sympathetic on anx!!!!!! i have a very suppportive husband im sure u do to ....i promise there is light at the end of ur tunnel it doesnt seem so right now but there is......try and stay positive(hard i know) but hang in there XXXXXXX take care caz xxxxxxx

keepemlaughing
02-10-08, 22:01
Does your doctor know about all the meds you are on? They should know about everything, even vitamins.

mummyto4
02-10-08, 22:25
Welcome Tracie,
I also have some of the symptoms you have described daily. It does sound very much like anxiety. Stay positive hun and there are plenty of people here to reassure you.
Take care
x

meemo
03-10-08, 10:01
Hi Tracie

When i was reading through your symptoms, a lot were like mine. I also suffer from Hypothyroidisim and a lot of the symptoms of that and anxiety cross over. There is a good site for sufferers of thyroid disease which, if you look on, you will take comfort in reading a lot of people have similar things.

It is: thyroid disease forum.org.uk

Meemo