PDA

View Full Version : chest pains .. kind of scared

so jems like
03-10-08, 01:19
so i'm getting chest pains in the middle of my chest area ..
im kind of scared

this hasn't really happened to me before & it's the first time.

:unsure: is this normal ??
Should I just stay calm until it passes ..
because I mean chest pain isn't a good sign is it?
I don't want to panic over this.

Thanks..
:blush:

janeybaby25
03-10-08, 08:10
Does it come & go or is it there all the time? How long have you been getting it? I would recommend you go see yout GP, get it checked out, best to be on safe side. I am sure its nothing but anxiety but its always best to put your mind at rest.

xxxx

Dazza
03-10-08, 08:16
Hiya,

Chest pain can be caused by several things, including stomach activity and muscle strain (due to hyperventilating, which us anx sufferers like to do, even when we don't know we are doing it!) :)

I had lots of chest pains from Jun to the latter part of Sept this year... all sorts, from a squeezing sensation around the heart, to a tightness, and shooting 'lightning like pains'. I have to admit that it terrified me, and i wasn't able to show the composure that you are showing (which makes me feel that you don't have anything to worry about!) :)

I've been going through lots of heart tests recently (CT scan, MRI, echocardiogram, 24 ECG, stress ECG) and they have found nothing wrong with my heart to date.

So my advice, would be to go and see your GP to discuss it. He will know from your description of the pain whether he would like to send you for routine tests or not to set your mind at ease.

Hope that helps. :hugs:

CONS
03-10-08, 10:35
Dazza how did you get so many tests done?

Pls PM me how i can get some of those as i have had none and im 5 years into this.

Back on topic...

Could be IBS irritable bowel or simple indegestion, trapped wind, sounds like a weak reply but you would be surprised by how many people associate trapped wind with a heart attack.

central pain suggests this, could be anx but to be honest i doubt it.

check your diet, do a few stretches for no more than 15 seconds each and see if it eases off.

best of luck,

CONS

Ozpanic
08-10-08, 02:20
Does anyone get them nocturnally? i hate them at 2am? i wake for 10min or so then get back to sleep but it is annoying as they wake me. Then i wake up tired and prone to more all day... the pains chest i know is anxiety but it is the what if? and i guess you cannot keep running to ER :scared15: Atm i am really going to work on breathing.... :winks: cheers guys.