PDA

View Full Version : Pulse taking during ectopic episodes~stupid me

Rachey poos
03-10-08, 08:19
Just a question..... what does your pulse do when your having ectopics.... my pulse will actually miss a beat.... but whilst it's missing from my pulse it is beating from another area of my heart.... am I alone in this ...when i have an attack of them I have a terrible habbit of taking my pulse and freaking my self out as when im having a bad attack i can beat miss beat miss beat miss.............. please give me some feedback on this ectopic freinds LOL xxx:winks:

Dazza
03-10-08, 08:26
i used to check my pulse several times a day... i hardly ever do it now, as it was becoming a bit of an obsession and making me more worried.

Cathy V
03-10-08, 08:34
Hi Rach, yes i can feel the ectopics in my pulse too, but like daz i dont check it really these days. Not sure what you mean by the missing beat is in your pulse but you can feel it beating in another part of yout heart? C xxxx

Rachey poos
03-10-08, 09:02
what i mean is whilst it is missing in my pulse it isnt missing in my chest... the heart flutters but the pulse misses xxx:blush:

Cathy V
03-10-08, 09:09
Oh yes i know what you mean now, and ive had occasions at the docs when ive said to him that i might not have felt the ectopics for a week but when he takes my bp he can see a few of them in the pulse on the machine, yet i havent felt them. These are about the only times i feel like a 'normal' person, who gets them but cant feel them happening in the heart.

We can ruminate about them till the cows come home cant we? :D xxxx

LeeBee
03-10-08, 10:27
Hi Rachel - I know what you mean, I feel that too when I take my pulse while having ectopics. Apparently when you have a premature or extra beat (an ectopic), you can't always feel the beat in your pulse because it isn't strong enough to produce the pressure wave that causes a pulse. So you might still feel your heart beat but not feel it in your pulse. Freaks me out too. I often get that fluttery sensation in my chest when I have ectopics, and I can feel some of the extra beats and the "missed" beats in my pulse. I probably shouldn't take my pulse when I get ectopics because it always weirds me out :).

CONS
03-10-08, 10:30
Yes i get these all the time and find i check my pulse several times a day, stupidly i know this doesn't help but its a habit bordering on obsession.

I get the weak pulse whereas i cant feel my heart with my palm or even 2 fingers on my throat and i get the flutter as you described and as a bonus i get a triple now and again that is simply freaky.

Hard work when this varies daily, really need to stop monitoring myself so much, but isn't that in itself part and parcel of our disorder?

CONS

Rachey poos
03-10-08, 13:45
Phew... Thank God im not on me own and we are all still breathing and pulsating away ... we will be the ones that will live to be about 110!!! ,,, Ill prob still be on ere panickin LOL...thanks guys for your replies xxxx

CONS
03-10-08, 13:49
LOL STILL ON HERE PANICKIN !!

Made me smile +1 karma for you,

CONS

debera
03-10-08, 13:51
hi rach
yes i can feel my heart missing beats when i check my pulse too. and i have a very bad habit of that especially at night in bed. i used to check my pulse constantly but now it seem just at night.
love debera:bighug1: :bighug1:

belle
03-10-08, 15:06
When i have had my episodes i can feel it in the pit of my stomach (very strong there), wrist, neck and of course the heart.

My whole body feels it...

Nice!

Rachey poos
03-10-08, 17:58
lately I have been getting awful ectopics the min' I go to bed.... i think it is to do with my digestive system as it is followed by acid and burping!! sometimes every 3rd or so beat xx ....Cons...PANICKIN LOL...must be cross between panicing and a picnic!!!!

Neilr1978
03-10-08, 20:34
YIPPIEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! people are like me.I though i was the only one that got into the habbit of feeling my pulse when my ectopics come calling.I started taking my pulse in my neck but i was taking it that often it was hurting so i movwed to my wrists.I am an expert in finding my pulse now.But did it stop there?...... OH NO!! i asked my wife if i could feel her pulse for a comparison to mine.Is hers the same strength, same speed etc.ANd now even if it feels ok il ask my wife for her wrist and take hers too.:weep: :weep: .Its got so bad im doing it in Asda and when ppl are lookng i try to pretend im scratching my wrists.:weep: :weep: :weep:

Rachey poos
03-10-08, 23:42
oh neil...bless you... been there done it.. i lay on hubbies chest to compare and watch peeps feet moving with their pulse!!!!! what r we like eh ?

decca
03-10-08, 23:50
I feel my ectopics in my throat, like a little tap dance, I take my pulse in my throat to. Not so much now as I've got used to ignoring it, one good outcome of CBT.
Decca.

keepemlaughing
03-10-08, 23:51
I don't have ectopics that I know of, but during an anxiety attack earlier I couldn't stop taking my pulse. I don't know what normal is but mine was at about 90.

Cathy V
03-10-08, 23:54
Sheryl if it was 90 in the middle of an anxiety attack then thats very good. Mine goes between 69 and 79 and thats taking betablockers which slow it down anyway. Youve nothing to worry about there...only the usual response to anx...some peoples are much higher than that...xxxx

decca
04-10-08, 00:10
My resting pulse is 60 to 67,when active it's 72 to 84 but during a tachydardia run it's around 120.

Decca.

Rachey poos
04-10-08, 10:10
God compared to me u all sound fine LOL... during an attack mine has reached 220 before................:ohmy: