PDA

View Full Version : :: Sexual Question ::

CONS
03-10-08, 13:12
Firstly, im totally serious and worried about this so please be easy with your responses.

Thanks in advance,

CONS

4 or 5 times now directly after orgasm i have had a panic attack that has lasted for over an hour.

Very hard to relax my breathing, shaking hands and of course the racing heart beat with head tingles.

Its like my body is unable to differentiate the difference between natural excitement and fear.

Really embarassing and i feel humiliated even typing it but i have to pose the question...........

DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ANYONE ELSE?

CONS

milly jones
03-10-08, 13:23
no need to be emb hun we all understand anx

cant help u with this one hunny

mill xxx

Dazza
03-10-08, 13:31
no one should ever feel embarrassed to post things here... we are all open minded and understanding.

I'm not sure about this one... do you think it's because you become aware of your raised heart rate and breathing that results from sex, and then it somehow makes you panic? only a thought.

CONS
03-10-08, 13:41
Its not from sex Dazza as im single but yeah you could be right,

associating the faster heart rate with anx and panic, but its only every now and then. Thats what i dont fully understand.

Ty anyway Milly and Dazza,

As i suspected im probably alone with this one. (no pun intended)

CONS

HeatherMc
03-10-08, 13:55
I have felt a bit shaky after sex , I think its to do with the excitement, it is sometimes very hard to differentiate between anxiety and excitement, (don't know if this is a biological fact) I think some bodily functions and sensations mimic each other.

Hope this helps.
Heather

Cathy V
03-10-08, 16:04
If it helps, and i have heard other members admit to this, but we of the 'ectopic heartbeats club' experience these erratic heartbeats during orgasm...not particularly during sex, but the orgasm itself. I was so relieved the first time i read another members account of it coz in the past, it was always something that made me think my ectopics were much worse than anyone elses and that there must be something really wrong.

I think that anything that makes your heart beat really fast and your breathing alters can trigger panic.

This help? xxxx :noangel:

keepemlaughing
03-10-08, 16:13
I haven't had sex or an orgasm in quite some time now! OUCH! Enjoy it, anxiety and all!

kendo59
03-10-08, 16:14
Very hard to relax my breathing, shaking hands and of course the racing heart beat with head tingles.

Sounds perfectly normal. :yesyes:

owainm
03-10-08, 16:20
Hey there I know this is obviously a touchy subject but i think you need to try and see your gp for advice, sorry if this is a bit obvious and not much help

CONS
03-10-08, 16:45
Ty to Cathy and Heather, yes im in the ectopic club also.

lol @ Kendo

OwainM i will let it take its course for now and see if it persists.

:)

KaylaMarie
03-10-08, 19:47
Hmm. Not sure what to say but I wil tell you my personal experience...and Hope that it may comfort you some... ^.^

There have been times during sex...that I have told my partner that I had to stop, because I was becoming too aware of my heart and started freaking out. soo...During your orgasm maybe subconsiously your brain thinks fast heart=fear?

I am not sure. Just my take on it...

Captain America
03-10-08, 19:56
actually i've had this, so i did some research on it

i'll try to be delicate cuz i know there are younguns on here.

the nervous systems come into play here. the act of obtaining an erection is all due to the parasympatic nervous system, but the orgasm itself is all down to the sympathetic, which we all know is the cause of our anxiety and panic. so there is an adrenaline rush as a result, akin to a quick run up the stairs, etc.

as anxiety sufferers we are all susceptible (sp?) to sudden rushes of adrenaline and this is the same with sex.

as for what i've done to counteract this, i try not to 'do it' when i've already had an external trigger for anxiety, like alcohol (which also acts as a stimulant) or if i'm not in a relaxed state when i start.

hope this helps maybe a little. it's annoying though.

Captain America
03-10-08, 20:10
oh and yes, certain physical triggers that simulate panic can bring on panic, since the body doesn't know the difference. i used to feel panic when my kids would spin me in a chair. the good news is you can fix it by repeating the exposure until the fear is gone and all that remains are the physical symptoms.

LeeBee
03-10-08, 21:49
I've read about this too. As captain says, I thin it's to do with the autonomic nervous system, which controls the mechanism of both orgasm and panic attack. I've often thought that there are parallels between orgasm and a full-on panic attack, and have used orgasm to describe a panic attack to people who've never had one - in both cases, once it's started, you can't stop it. I don't think it's anything to worry about, although obviously it's not much fun for you... Possibly easing or dealing with the source of the panic/anxiety in your life will help this to pass?

CONS
03-10-08, 23:12
Ty LeeBee and many thanks to Captain America,

Seems logical what you said and on the 4th or 5th time it happened i thought " ffs don't take this away from me as well ".

Very relieved (no pun again) to see im not alone and the research you did probably stopped me stumbling on something i would self-project onto myself.

Gracias,

CONS

Captain America
03-10-08, 23:26
no worries. yeah the first time it happened to me i convinced myself it was a heart problem and went to the ER. so i had to tell the triage girl, the nurse, the attending, and the dr. how i got there. by the 4th time i told the story i was considering eggagerating my prowess! by the time the dr. came in i was perfectly fine, but had to tell the story anyway.

rashelle
04-10-08, 07:33
i dont know if this will make you feel better but if it helps... lately ive just started having panic attacks so now when i get excited (watching a movie, or having an orgasm) i seem to start feeling panicy. i think its because i recognize the same feelings of adrenalin in panic and excitement, so i start to panic just because i recognize the same feelings in my panic attacks. you know? panicing about thinking im going to have a panic attack because i feel the same way i would with both things.

CONS
04-10-08, 09:33
Ty for your honesty rashelle and to the member who pm'd me to say it happened to her,

all adds to the feeling of normality, i know this is a sensitive subject (jesus the puns come automatically arggggghhh just did it again) but when it happens its quite disheartening to think something so personal can be attributed to something so controlling.

Thanks again to all who replied.

CONS

co-okie
23-10-08, 12:35
i cant help you that much hun but if it makes you feel any better i feel anxious and sick before i have sex but i begin to feel better about half way through i just close my eyes and controlmy breathing or talkto my partnerr. and u shouldnt feel embarased darling
*hugs tight*
co-okie
xxx