PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone :)

tigger_pooh
03-10-08, 16:21
Hi all,

What can I say about me? I'm 29, living with my civil partner and toddler son. My partner is pregnant with our second child...due in 3 1/2 weeks! I hold down a responsible full time job which I love, I'm studying in the evenings to further my career and I generally have a very comfortable and content life..........

........so WHY am I suffering from anxiety and panic attacks??? That's the bit I'm a little stuck on. It first started 3 years ago when I was having a lot of personal difficulties and needed counselling. That was understandable as the doctor described at the time, it was down to circumstances in my life. I see no reason as to why I'm suddenly having them now. It started again around 2-3 months ago. I was out with a friend and suddenly started feeling anxious. I had palpitations, my palms were sweating, I started feeling I couldn't get enough air and had an overwhelming urge to go home where I would feel 'safe'. Every time I have gone out socially (not work or family outings) particularly in the evenings I have had a panic attack and had to leave very early to go home. I last had one last week and am now telling myself I'll just avoid all social situations and nights out. But, that's not the logical answer...it's just how I'm feeling at the moment. It takes me anywhere from 2 - 6 hours to bring my anxiety down to an acceptable level. Then I'm just drained for hours. I guess I'm looking for a bit of support here and maybe some guidance as to how to move forward.

M x

Dazza
03-10-08, 16:31
Hi tiggerpooh,

Glad that you found us! :)

First of all, welcome to the NMP family! You will find lots of useful info, advice and support here.

in terms of advice of about how to move forward, make full use of the forums here. you might want to start with the 'Success Stories' section of this site...it's really inspirational.

Obviously, every one has different ways of helping themselves overcome their anxiety. in my case I'm trying a combination of the following: exercise, rest, counselling, reading self help books / websites, change in diet, yoga, hynotherapy, CBT. I'm making good progress compared to where I was at about a month ago.

I too was living life quite happily, just left a dead end job, moved to Asia to be with my boyfriend, and then BAM!!! This all started to happen.

My anxiety is very much health related. Have been having lots of chest pain, palpitations, dizziness, tingling, ache in left arm, and a whole catalogue of othe distressing and annoying symptoms.

Well, I hope that you find the info and support here that you need. I'm sure you will. :)

Yet again, welcome! :hugs:

keepemlaughing
03-10-08, 16:45
I didn't realize until a couple of years ago that I have suffered with a social anxiety all of my life. I just attributed it to nervousness. But I would literally feel ill, my ears would burn, and my heart would race uncontrollably. I have gotten better over the years. I hope that you do also. You are too young not to go out and have fun!
Sheryl

Missy69
03-10-08, 17:19
:yesyes: :yesyes: Hi Tigger pooh and welcome :yesyes: :yesyes:

bottleblond
03-10-08, 17:44
Hi Tigger Pooh

Welcome along to NMP

It's a fantastic site will lots of information, help and advice.

Lisa
xxx

pooh
06-10-08, 11:25
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

jodie
06-10-08, 11:57
hiya

:welcome: to nmp

jodie x

milly jones
06-10-08, 19:13
welcome to no more panic

good to meet you

milly xx

kellie
06-10-08, 20:41
Hiya :welcome: to NMP its great to have you here.
you will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.

alexis
06-10-08, 22:17
Hi and a big welcome, I hope you get a lot of help and advice from here, and Im sure you will soon make lots of new friends.