PDA

View Full Version : Night into day

owainm
03-10-08, 16:44
Hi there i am posting this just to find out if there any any others out there who like me find a coping mechanism of dealing with anxiety by turning night into day. I cannot stand the day uptight anxious all the time constantly fearing the onslaught of a panic attack but come the night and the darkness I turn in to a diff person again I totally chill out and whatch the tv in in peace and finf my self having little naps then waking up again to watch the tv then having more naps, usually going to my bed at from anywhere between 4.30-6.30, yesterday i never got up till 5.15 and today 3.00, my prob is at the mo no matter how good i feel at night when I wake up during the day i just dont want to get out of bed

Cathy V
03-10-08, 21:57
Hi there. Ive never had this myself but my son lived this way for about 2 years when anxiety descended. His night became day and he did all of his work during the night (he's a freelance fantasy artist) and went to bed around 5am and slept most of the day. He did recover from the anxiety and depression, and although he still suffers anx sometimes now he's managed to turn his days/nights back to normal. Although his girlfriend has just presented him with a new baby son, so hes back to being awake during the night!

Cathy xxx

keepemlaughing
03-10-08, 23:42
I am the same way. when I can stay in bed I will not get up until evening and then still sleep at night. I love nighttime, kids are asleep and I can watch tv in peace and quiet.