PDA

View Full Version : Survived a holiday!!Hoorah!!

Juliet
29-05-05, 15:12
Hello all,
Just thought I would write a quicky to say hello to everyone and let you know about my most recent personal little victory.

I have just come back from a fortnight in Majorca,and although I was really looking forward to it,I did have the usual worries reagarding travelling.....specifically flying!!Also a 1 .5 hour taxi ride the other end.However.I was absolutly fine!!Totally suprised myself actually.I think it was a combination of positive thinking and a 'so what if I do panic' mentality that did the trick.I decided that I might be anxious/panic a bit....but that it wouldnt kill me and I could just as easily panic at home!I packed myself a little emergency kit for the plane....rescue remedy,lavender etc...carried around in my bag for the whole holiday and didnt need it once!!!Thats not to say that I didnt have the odd wobble while we were there though.But I just rode the wave,so to speak and distracted myself with something nice,and it passed.

Was dreading coming home too(Im usually worse on the way back).But again I was ok,despite a lot of standing around queing in a busy Palma airport.....my worse nightmare!!

Anyway.Thats it really.Bring on the honeymoon and 8 hour flight in December......aaargh!!!! xx

seh1980
29-05-05, 15:21
hi Juliet,

Well done!! :) I'm really glad that you had a pretty much panic-free holiday. Good for you!!

An 8 hour flight in December? Where are you going?

Sarah :D

Juliet
29-05-05, 15:30
We are going to America and then Canada.We will probably be absolutly frozen,but I guess on our honeymoon we will find some way of keeping warm!!(he he).x

carlin
29-05-05, 15:57
Hi Juliet,
So happy you had a good holiday, well done you!
As for your honeymoon, hope you're not practicing keeping warm before you are married..........xxx

kairen
29-05-05, 16:51
Glad to hear you enyoyed your holiday,

I go away on wednesday and am really starting to flap,(big style )

so it was good to read yours and that you were fine,

i feel like i have an elephant sitting on my chest LOL

welcome back glad u had good time

kairen x

pips
29-05-05, 17:30
Hi Juliet,

WELL DONE YOU! you did ace. I'm really glad you enjoyed yourself and you did so well to talk yourself through the panic! Good on ya!

I know what you mean about the flight Im going to Florida soon and that's a 10 hr one YUC!

Take care,

Love PIP'S XX

florence
29-05-05, 18:18
Hi Juliet

Well done for managing so well while on holiday, way to go.:)

Pips,
I intend to go to Florida next year, so please, let me know how it goes.

Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

Meg
29-05-05, 18:35
Well done Juliet..

Onwards with a big step forwards.

Are you back at college this Autumn ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Karen
29-05-05, 22:25
Well done Juliet. Glad you had a good time.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

henri
30-05-05, 11:08
hey juliet,
well done mate, sounds like it all went really well. it's given me hope - i'm off on holiday this friday and i'm already freaking out about it!
henri x

Juliet
30-05-05, 15:04
Thanks everyone.Meg.Im hoping to go back to college next Spring.In the meantime though Im enjoying bank nursing.....suits me to pick my own hours and have not much responsibility at the moment.Also looking into a night school course(aromatherapy),so plenty to keep me occupied.xx

sal
30-05-05, 15:07
Hi Juliet

I have just caught up with your post, i am really pleased you had a good holiday.

Sounds like you have lots planned and that it great. My friend who suffered from depression and anxiety has just gone back to work and she is doing bank nursing, and she feels less pressure as she isnt tied to a set shift pattern and if they ring her and offer her a shift and she isnt feeling too great she isnt compelled to do it.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

nomorepanic
30-05-05, 15:52
A big Well Done Juliet.

Sounds like you had a great time and coped really well.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

pips
30-05-05, 21:20
Hi Flo,

Yes I will certainly post to let you know how Florida goes.

Hope you are well.

Take care,

Love PIP'S XX