PDA

View Full Version : newbie from US

susan silver
04-10-08, 13:00
my son andrew is having panic attacks. he is 22 years old. he's seen psychiatrists, counselors and MD none of who have helped him. can you please advise us? Thank you.

susan silver
04-10-08, 13:01
I am mother of person who is having panic attacks.

pumkin
04-10-08, 15:24
Dear Susan

I also suffer from panic attacks, so i know what yall are going through, Sometime if lay of coffe and soda it helps to reduce it but not always, an not sure what is cause his attacks but when he starts have one try not to fight it that makes it worst at least for me it does. Try counting numbers over and over again. It might not help but hope it helps, let me know. Good luck

welcome
Pumlin

Veronica H
04-10-08, 19:07
:welcome: Susan
There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'Self help for your nerves' published by Thorsons ISBN 978-0-7225-3155-6. This is avalable from the NMP Shop. I cannot recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover. Her recordings can be downloaded to an MP3 from NMP too. Glad that you have found us.

Veronica

bottleblond
04-10-08, 19:48
Hi Susan

Welcome along

Hope we can be of help to you

Love Lisa
xxx :flowers:

Marina
04-10-08, 20:46
Hi Susan,

Think you will find this site has lots of really useful advice. I suffer from panic attacks too.

Has your son tried relaxation/visualisation tapes and breathing exercises ? Ive found these really useful and have calmed me down a lot.

Also when I feel panic coming on I try and distract myself, mainly by talking to the nearest person about anything that I can think of, to take my mind off the way I'm feeling.

I know this doesn't work for everyone, but worth a try.

Best wishes to you and your son

Marina x

pooh
06-10-08, 11:20
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

jodie
06-10-08, 12:05
hiya

:welcome: to nmp

jodie x

milly jones