PDA

View Full Version : Serves me right i suppose!

anxious
04-10-08, 18:44
Hi there,

have been obsessing over a mole recently, one behind my ear so have to arm myself with two mirrors to look at it - couldn't possibly pick one in a nice easy place to see :D
Anyway decided it looked a bit pink, so keeping an eye on it (which involves some prodding and poking also:lac: ) This has been going on for a few weeks.
Anyway, yesterday i had another scare which resulted in a mad dash to the docs (need to do another thread on this) SO i toatally forgot about the mole for at least half a day:blush: On doing my afternoon check i discovered (horror of all horrors) that it had gone black!!!! in the middle. OMG talk about panic:scared15:
Well that was that, i was all but dead and burried :weep:
Anyway i eventually came down off the ceiling, thought rationally and had another look (and pick and squeeze) and it bled. So now i have a nice scab.
I actually think i caused it by nipping it etc over the last few days and causing like a blood blister. (Its one of those sticky out moles that you can get hold of and twist - if so minded).
So hopefully it might teach me a lesson to leave well alone.
I am sure some of you have done similar,

love anx xx

diane07
04-10-08, 19:27
Oh yes many times in the past,

I too learned a lesson, same as you, stop prodding and leave them alone lol.
I did what you did and it calmed down and healed, keep your eye on them but don't prod.

di xx

Cathy V
04-10-08, 21:03
Hi anxious, i know its not funny but your post did make me laugh...i was imagining you with the mirrors and a really bendy person came to mind! The things we do in the name of anxiety eh?

Take care :) xxx

LeeBee
04-10-08, 21:37
Hi anxious, like cathy v, your post made me smile - mostly in recognition, sounds like the kind of thing that I would do! I too have been really worried about a mole, for me it's on my face. I have moments when I think oh god, does it hurt, does it itch!? But then I remember stroking and poking it just a few minutes before... which will probably make it feel a bit tender... :blush: You're so not alone.

mummyto4
05-10-08, 12:33
Hi Anxious, I put a thread up last week about a hospital appointment I had about an irritated mole i had. I had scratched it, I had poked it and I even did this in front of the plastic surgeon who was very quick and sharp to say to me LEAVE IT ALONE!!! Thank god it was ok and nothing to worry about and I felt embarassed to think that I had caused this by worrying and messing with it, going to the dr who referred me to be seen by a plastic surgeon within 2 weeks. I do beleve now that all moles should be checked at some point and regularly so as to always gain peace of mind. I am going to get mine checked regularly from now on, obviously not with a plastic surgeon but at a clinic or our local tescos pharmacy has a mole checking service. Your deinitely not alone in how you are feeling about it and messing with it but try not to!! :)

anxious
05-10-08, 23:10
Hi again

thank you for your replies, it was supposed to be a light hearted thread :D I have had one of those weeks were i have worried about so many things i am kinda bored now, if you know what i mean.
I would really love to be one of those laid back kinda people who wouldn't panick if there posterior was on fire!!

xx anx xx

Mudskipper
06-10-08, 10:48
Don't remember much about my paternal grandfather who died when I was quite young, but i do remember one often quoted piece of advice: "Keep pickin' that, young feller me lad, an' it'll never heal!":winks: