PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else worry about this?

tashbarnes87
04-10-08, 20:30
Hello, over the past 3 months i have had anxiety, never had it before and a few of you know that it has been started by being pregnant. I Have done all the stupid things such as googling symptoms and i think i have a terminal illness that the doc doesnt take seriously about- in reality i guess im just having pregnancy symptoms. The whole 'reasearching' thing on the internet has made me very aware of so called stats and that the odds are against us when it comes to getting the big C ( even saying the word cancer scares me )

Does anyone else worry that they will be one of those people who gets cancer, and it plays on your mind all day and night. If so how do you deal with it?

xxx

Dazza
04-10-08, 20:32
Yes - i have worried about that, although my current concern is heart problems (due to the symptoms i'm getting).

but while in hospital for my current symptoms, i asked the doctor if she thought it was cancer, and she said definitely no.

jojo2316
04-10-08, 20:57
Yes, very very much. But I suppose the other way of looking at it is this: 2 out of 3 people NEVER get cancer in their WHOLE LIVES. And of those that do, 9 out of 10 are over 50. We've all got to die of something, right? And most of us are old when we do.....
But yeah, I totally get your worry about this one. I have it too. I'm just not sure it is sensible to have it!!

charlotte-louise
04-10-08, 20:59
Yeah i do worry about the big C but just like Dazza my main one is heart atm! im worrying im wearing my heart out or something

i keep thinking to myself just lately, oh ill get through this anxiety/depression stage and then ill get cancer, im only 23 oh god what if i do etc and then it sets it off

ive got butterflies in my tummy writing this

i think its something everybody worries about x