PDA

View Full Version : I SURVIVED A CAR BOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

pips
29-05-05, 18:01
Got up today at 5.45am [|)] to do a car boot at 6.45 Yipee just want i want to do on a sunday morning why do they have them so blikin early?[Ugh]

Not doing to bad anxiety wise until we got there and BANG. Mr Panic struck [}:)] when I looked around and there were people people and more people [8)] then we got put right down the end so I felt well and truly trapped to say the least GULP!!!![:O]

Before we had even parked up there were people hovering near our car and when we finally parked and opened the boot WHOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH [:O] people started diving in like vultures and rumaging before we could even get the boxes out and the pasting tables up!

Hubby even bought covers (not for sale may I add!) for the tables (I thought we were gonna have a romantic meal what with having candles for sale as well!:) You can picture the setting pasting table with covers! candles un lit though as didn't have a light some fruit and nuts which i always carry with me a bottle of mineral water and some Bach flower rescue remedy! (well thats got alcohol in it!) Then somebody ruined my vision by asking how much the table covers were [:P] LOL! [Duh!]

Anyway I told my anxiety to get lost and i managed to get through it although I felt incredibly shy[8)][:I] through the whole process [Sigh...]

We managed to make £50 so that wasn't bad for a mornings work. I even made up a gimmick of "Free carrier bag with every purchase!"[Wow!][:P]

My only 1 tip i have for surviving another car boot is to actually climb in the car boot and shut yourself in! ;)LOL

Take care all,

Love PIP'S XX

seh1980
29-05-05, 18:07
aaawwww Pips well done!! I can imagine how panicky you must have felt when all those people swamped you!! You did it though so a big well done to you!! :D

florence
29-05-05, 18:13
Hi Pips

Well done for doing it and for coping. Way to go. :)

Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

Meg
29-05-05, 18:36
Excellent !!

carlin
29-05-05, 18:52
Pipsy, Pipsy, Pipsy, how brilliant are you. Well done xxxx

tracyp584
29-05-05, 19:10
Well done Pips!!

tracy x x

kairen
29-05-05, 19:25
Well done Pips,

it must have been hard for you even though you make it sound so funny

good for you hun,,,

kairen x

pips
29-05-05, 19:52
Hi Guys Thank you so very much for your replies you are sooooooo GREAT!!!!!

Yep it was hard Kairen but i had 2 options. Try to laugh at it or stand there bawling my eyes out with a box of Kleenex that somebody would try to buy of me anyway! LOL

Take Care All,

Love & Hugs to you,

PIP'S XX XX XX

nomorepanic
29-05-05, 22:02
Pips

A big hug mate - you did so well with all those mad people rampaging your stall.

I am also impressed at the getting up - what time was that on a SUNDAY lol.

I am proud of you as always :)[:P]
xxx

Nicola

Karen
29-05-05, 22:27
Well done Pips.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

pinkscrumpy
30-05-05, 00:38
[^] well done pips [Wow!]:)[Yes!][Yeah!]

MANDIE XX

sal
30-05-05, 02:34
Well done mate!!

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

henri
30-05-05, 11:11
well done pips!
sounds like you did amazingly - car boot sales are enough to freak anyone out - and as for getting up that early on a sunday....ouch!
henri x

pips
30-05-05, 20:51
Thanks again guys your fab! Yep still recovering from getting up that early on a sunday!

Take Care all,

Love PIP'S XX