PDA

View Full Version : why do people say ..it will do u good ??????

titchjd
04-10-08, 22:36
arghhhhhhhhhhhhh feel like screaming ...just when u think people are starting 2 understand just that little bit about how I feel ...something is said that makes you understand they have NO idea .
Ive just been invited 2 a 40th party and I know I just can't deal with that at the moment ....esp with money situ ...but was met with oh cum on it'll do u good ....every1 has stress m8 u need 2 let it go over your head !!!!!....I know its lack of understanding but what does it take for people 2 understand it's not stress that stops me from doing things its much more .

How do u deal with constantly trying 2 explain 2 people whats wrong or should I stop explaining Im now getting anxious incase person thinks Im being funny about not going .

god i seem 2 have posted so much lately so Im sorry

Titchjd xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:weep:

titch
04-10-08, 22:46
They think its all in our heads hun if someone hasnt experianced anxiety then they really dont understand...like i said they think its all in our heads which most of it is just fear and worry but it is alll sooo real hun...they just cant help it hun.....cheer up titch lovie....:bighug1: :bighug1: MWAH MWAH MWAH....xxxxxx

kenboon
04-10-08, 22:53
Truly, before i started with anxiety problems i dont think i would of understood. But i do 100% now and in turn i know how hard it is to put across just how intense it is what we suffer from to people we know. Maybe you could provide them with some info on the condition? maybe print this off for them http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=anxiety
I think its very hard for people to realise that its not the norm anxiety that most people get and its on a much higher scale and its hard for sufferers to sometimes even cope with what would seem like run of the mill tasks to them. I wish i could tell you a clear cut answer on how to help them understand, but its always going to be hard to get across the intensity of the anxiety and symptoms that you suffer.

All the best

Ken

Dazza
04-10-08, 22:55
Aww titch.... I'm sorry to hear how you are feeling.

Don't ever apologise to us, you can write as many posts here as you like!

I know how you feel, about people not understanding. FAct is, we are sensitive souls us anxies. and people who are not sensitive or who have not suffered from mental illness / anxiety just do not get it. I have to admit I was like them until i suffered depression about 10 years ago... I had no real concept of depression or how alienating and debilitating it is until I lived it for real myself.

Because of tht, I get less frustrated with people when they don't get it, but it does frustrate me nonetheless.... like my boyfriend's sister who recently kept telling me 'don't worry, be happy'!! I felt like screaming ''But I do want to be happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!''

Maybe sit whoever it is down and really try to explain to them how you feel, about what makes u feel panicky, anxious. Get them to look at this website, so that they can read about just how real anxiety is for people and how it is controlling their lives.

I hope you are feeling a bit better. We are here for you.

titchjd
04-10-08, 23:00
Thank you all so much 4 yr replies ..Im just having such a ruff time at the moment and you guys are the only 1s who really and trully understand me ..even though u dont know me personally u help me soooooo much and all I can say is thank you xxxx