PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new here

Jrank
29-05-05, 21:37
just wanted to introduce myself I an a college student and am ithe midst of dealing with anxiety and panic but doing much better thanks to the cbt program at my school I am in. Hopefully I can learn some new coping techniques and share some advice on what has worked for me.

carlin
29-05-05, 21:53
Hi there,
welcome to the site, it's good to hear from you sorry you are suffering right now, you appear to have a very positive attitude and your treatment seems to be helping, you will find lots of advice here and be able to help others with your own experiences, keep at it and keep in touch, by the way, what are you studying? take care.

seh1980
29-05-05, 21:58
Welcome aboard!! Hope we can offer you sone good support. :D

Karen
29-05-05, 22:09
Hi Jrank

Welcome to the forum. Glad you are getting some help with these issues and hope we can help to support you through this.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

pinkscrumpy
30-05-05, 00:32
[^] Hi Jrank

Welcome to the site. Hope we can all help [8D]

MANDIE XX

sal
30-05-05, 01:53
Hi and welcome to the site.

Hope we can help you throught this.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

tracyp584
30-05-05, 18:42
Hey,

Welcome to the site, you'll find lots of advice and support here,

Take care,

tracy x x

Meg
30-05-05, 18:45
Great that you got into CBT quickly. Do let us know how you're doing .

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

florence
30-05-05, 19:50
Hi Jrank

Welcome to the forum, I am sure you'll find loads of support and advices here.
Take care.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

sal
30-05-05, 23:11
Hi Jrank

How are you getting on?

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Jrank
31-05-05, 23:22
I just typed a really long note to all of you and when I went to post it said I signed in wrong and lost it :( I basically wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to reply and be so kind. I am doing pretty well as I get better at using the counter tool and tea form I am learning in my group. I am quite lucky in that my school has one of the most reknowned cbt programs in the world lead by Dr. Michelle Craske who has treated all kinds of celebrities like Kim Bassinger for panic disorder. Unfortunately she does not treat students like me directly but my group is lead by several graduate students in her masters program and they are really good and nice. We are using materials based on her work called Mastery of your Anxiety and Panic 3rd edition by her and a guy named David Barlow and a book she wrote the foreword to called Been there, Done that? Do This! by a guy named Sam Obitz. Both are short and easy to comprehend but different in their tone. If anyone reading this is in Los Angeles I highly recommend coming joining a group at UCLA in her programs dept. My lead therapist says cbt is very effective for over 85% of the people who use it and I am begining to become a believer as I am making more progress than I ever imagined (knock on wood). Thanks again everyone.

Meg
01-06-05, 12:29
Glad its helping you so much. Keep going with it.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Jrank
01-06-05, 22:51
Thanks Meg I will. My program ends with the end of the school year but our group leader says we will need to do the exercises after it is over to get the best results possible and that's what I am hoping for.

Karen
01-06-05, 23:06
Glad the CBT is helping you. You do need to keep doing the exercises after the CBT finishes in order to continue with your progress.

Good luck with it.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

henri
01-06-05, 23:22
hi jrank,
wow, that's amazing that you get cbt at college - if only we had that here! also comforting to hear that even celebs like kim basinger suffer from panic lol!
anyway, sounds like you are doing very well, hope you find this site useful.
henri

sal
02-06-05, 00:10
So pleased it is helping you and the progress continues.

Do let us know how you are getting on.

Love Sal xx

nomorepanic
02-06-05, 19:03
Hi jfrank

Welcome aboard. I am pleased about the CBT so let us know how it goes and good luck!

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Jrank
20-05-06, 23:08
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Glad the CBT is helping you. You do need to keep doing the exercises after the CBT finishes in order to continue with your progress.

Good luck with it.

Karen

<div align="right">Originally posted by Karen - 02 June 2005 : 00:06:09</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Karen you were so right about needing to keep up the practice on the exercises to keep porogressing. It has been 11 month since my program ended and I am doing better than ever in life love and school! I have slowed down using the exercises the past several months but I'm still doing the tea form exercise a few times a week and feel great. Thanks again for the support and advice.