PDA

View Full Version : Sorry one for the Ladies

turnthelighton
05-10-08, 12:47
Things have been going well for a while. Then I have had a very emotional week, never been so sad or upset all over family! This seems to be getting sorted thankfully.

But today I noticed I was bleeding (fresh blood) sorry if tmi. And thought it can not be my period already! I am sure it was only 3 weeks ago.

Could the upset bring on my period quicker.

Really want to Dr Google but I know I will scare myself and think I have cancer.

Thanks for reading.

mary8
05-10-08, 14:23
Hi,
Sorry to hear that you've been having a difficult week but thankfully it sounds as though things are better now.
Emotional upset can definitely effect your hormones and consequently play havoc with your periods. You also say that your last period was 3 weeks ago so you are only a week early which even without any emotional upset can happen from time to time. I know it certainly has for me.
Please try not to worry because it all sounds completely normal to me, I am sure you will be fine.
Take care.

kathylou26
06-10-08, 10:29
dont worry hon, has happened to me lots of times, go to doc to set your mind at rest but i'm sure they will say the same. DON'T GOOGLE though as you know it will just freak you out :)

pinkpiglet
06-10-08, 10:43
You say your period was 3 weeks ago but you don't sound too sure so could it be a bit longer? Even still stress and emotional upset can knock your periods off track so this is probably what as happened. You could mention it to your doctor but i do not think he/she will be too worried as it is close to your period anyway. Try not to worry!

Laylag
06-10-08, 14:31
This could be due to your anxiety.I have had irregular bleeding on and off since the birth of my son seven months ago and I am freaking out too.Try not to stress.

turnthelighton
07-10-08, 06:57
Thank you for all your replies. I will see how it goes. I am now having quite a heavy period so if it carries on I will go to the doctor.

Elsie
07-10-08, 20:27
Hi,

I went through a stage of irregular periods when my anxiety was at its highest, the flow was also scarily heavy. I went to the doctors and he said the same thing that it was my hormones reacting to my stress levels. I noticed after a few cycles it settled down again.

Hope this helps.

Elsie :)