PDA

View Full Version : First painic attack

r@chel
29-05-05, 22:31
Hi everyone,
First of all I'd just like to say how glad I am that I found this site! I guess I started having panic attacks a few months ago but my GP just put it down to 'normal everyday stress' and told me to get over it and think of more positive things. So I did but last night I had a major attack. I had no idea it was going to happen but all of a sudden I felt as if my whole throat was dry and that I couldn't swallow anything and my heart was racing. I honestly thought I was going to die! I fell really silly now but after reading all this info I do feel a bit better. I have had alot of stress in my life lately but thought it was all getting under control? Maybe not, but I do fell a bit scared just now. I am a very outgoing person, not shy, outspoken! lol so as you can imagine this has really thrown me.

Sorry to offload like this, but I'm so glad that there are other people who are writing exactly how I felt!

Rach x

seh1980
29-05-05, 22:33
hi Rach,

Welcome to the forum!! :)

Everyone here is very friendly and I'm sure you'll receive loads of good support.

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Karen
29-05-05, 22:54
Hi Rach

Welcome to the forum. Sorry you didn't get much help or understanding from your doctor. Perhaps you could consider seeing a different doctor at your surgery or look into changing to a doctor at a different practice.

I hope we can help and support you through this.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Incii
29-05-05, 23:13
Hi Rachel
welcome :o).
We are all here to help feel free to offload anytime.
Panic is scary but with the support of everyone here you can feel a lot better and will i'm sure, chin up hun

Sharon xxxxx

pinkscrumpy
30-05-05, 00:30
[^] Hi Rachel

Welcome aboard hope we can all help[:O]

MANDIE XX

sal
30-05-05, 01:55
Hi Rach

Welcome to the site and i can image how you feel, like me i am out spoken and not shy and it hit me like a ton of bricks, but we can get through that.

Hope to hear more from you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

nomorepanic
30-05-05, 16:52
Rachel

Welcome aboard the forum and I hope we can be of some help to you on here.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

lin
30-05-05, 17:35
Hi Rachel

Welcome to the forum eveyone's here to help, you will get lots of support and good advice.

take care
linda xx

tracyp584
30-05-05, 18:33
Hey Rachel,

Welcome to the site!!

Take care,

tracy x x

Meg
30-05-05, 18:44
Hi Rachel,

Panic can hit you hardest when the really life stresses are passing - rebound things and now ok to fall apart. Keep going

MORE HORRID SYMPTOMS!!!! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1957)
Hi All (Swallowing / Choking Fear...) (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3239)
What has suddenly changed, feel awful! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3518)
Really frightend of Swallowing, (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3576)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

florence
30-05-05, 20:32
Hi R@chel

Welcome to the forum, hope we can help you go thru this, you're not alone.

Take care.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

pips
30-05-05, 21:03
Hi Rachel,

A big warm welcome to the forum sorry you are going through a bad time hun!

I hope all this info on the site gives you a better understanding of it all.

Take care and good luck on your road to recovery!

Love PIP'S XX

VaL 1975
30-05-05, 21:15
Hello Rachel,

I know and understand how you feel. Those panic attacks really suck. The feeling that goes through your head and body feels like you're going to die but the most scary part is you don't die, but it's quite a ride. I had panic attacks at least 4-5 a day. As I told member's here., every time you have one backtrack and find out what triggered it. Those websites MEG gave you are awsome. I recommend them.

Now talking about your doctor. I just changed mine, don't find just a psychiatrist, go to a psychotherapist. I no longer sufer from panic since I found ut what triggered them. I had chest pain and thought I was going to have a heart attack. I got myself checked up by three different doctor, and all three times said my heart was in good health. Maybe you need to do that. She what triggers the attack.

***Try reading the websites MEG provided you***

VG Rivera

henri
30-05-05, 21:53
hey rach,
panic attacks are so rubbish, aren't they? the good thing is that you are not alone, there are so many people here who can offer advice and support.
your story totally mirrors mine - it's so weird how these things happen out of the blue. i had a few sessions of CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) which really helped - not just because it taught me how to be more positive but because it taught me that i'm not going to die!
really hope you start feeling better soon,
henri x

sal
30-05-05, 23:07
Hi Rach

You have had some great replies. Hope you are okay and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.