PDA

View Full Version : Just tell me I'm not alone.....

tigger_pooh
05-10-08, 14:30
I'm feeling a bit down and alone today. I don't feel particularly anxious and I'm not panicking (yet) but I feel incredibly alone. My wife and son are upstairs having a nap and I'm sat downstairs feeling disconnected from it all. I dunno what's wrong with me. I just feel like a tiny insignificant part of the world at this moment in time. I know I'm thinking ahead to all the things I get anxious about, like going back to work tomorrow after a week off, a work event on Friday, a tutorial on saturday....Maybe that's it. Maybe I'm just winding myself up about the anxiety I may or may not have as the week goes on. I dunno!

Dazza
05-10-08, 14:33
Sounds like you've got quite a few thing coming up that are weighing on your mind.

Take on thing at a time, instead of thinking about them a one big thing or problem.

Anxietyland is a lonely place a lot of the time, but we are here for you and are thinking of you.

Keep talking to us... share your feelings with us.

Hope you are feeling better soon. I'm sure you will get lots of support here.

june
05-10-08, 14:43
tigger_pooh
Sorry you are feeling so down today.
WE do know how you feel, our problems may not be the same, but the anxiety sure is.
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
june

Anna C
05-10-08, 14:46
Hi,
I'm sorry you're having a bad time, it does sometimes all get on top of you when so many things happen at once and it can be overwhelming.
Try to take it one step at a time, dealing with one situation at a time can make it less scary!

Welcome to NMP, keep posting it helps, and you won't feel so alone because other people know how you feel.
Good luck for next week.
Anna x

tigger_pooh
05-10-08, 19:33
Thanks everyone! I've just realised that all the loneliness and stuff I've been feeling today was actually the trigger for my usual anxiety. I'm anxious about going back to work tomorrow even tho I know that once I get there I actually enjoy it. I've managed to stop myself getting into a panic attack and I'm just concentrating on 1 hour at a time rather than thinking ahead to the whole week.

Thanks for your replies, it really helped to know that others understand
x

pooh
07-10-08, 02:18
Hi there you arent alone...cause you went and pinched my name lol and now there are two pooh's ( albeit your is preceded by tigger lol)

Deep breaths Pooh2 you are gonna be ok.

Pooh x

tigger_pooh
11-10-08, 14:00
LOL. I apologise for stealing your name :blush: I shall be known as Pooh2 as you suggested since you are the one and only original. I catually chose this name because when my 2 year old son wants to watch Winnie the Pooh on Disney channel he calls it 'TiggerPooh' Aways makes me smile! :D

Tigger_pooh (aka Pooh2)
x

Hi there you arent alone...cause you went and pinched my name lol and now there are two pooh's ( albeit your is preceded by tigger lol)

Deep breaths Pooh2 you are gonna be ok.

Pooh x

Andyroo
11-10-08, 14:20
:flowers: :hugs:

pooh
15-10-08, 16:53
Lol Pooh2 we are all original hehe

Becky08
15-10-08, 16:57
hey!
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! If you take one 'problem' at a time then its easier to manage than a whole weeks worth, just make a goal for the next hour like washing up or deleting dreaded spam emails then go on to the next goal. Hope you feel better soon! Take care
Becky