PDA

View Full Version : Assessment

spotty socks
05-10-08, 19:00
Hello I had a form to fill in because i have been referred for help with my PTSD. I have been in therapy for 3 yrs for depression , I was lucky to be on stepps program being piloted in uk for emotional intensity. I have worked hard to go forward. They all think i am strong enough to help with my PTSD symptons. Since being referred and waiting to see someone and filling the form, my symptons have been worse. It is just so painful , i smell things that set me off , Smells make me vomit , my flashbacks and bad memories have been just so very painful. I want to put it all behind me. Does all this mean i not ready for help with my PTSD.
Spotty socks

Southern_Belle
07-10-08, 00:23
Hi Spotty Socks,

I'm no professional but I think you are ready for help. I just think you are scared and you are unconsciously reacting to the trauma you went through. I do not think they would recommend you for treatment if you were not ready. I do not mean that it will be easy. Do take care and I know when you are done you will be so much better for having done so.

Take care and hugs,

Laura xxx

spotty socks
07-10-08, 07:57
Thank you Southern Belle I have decided to take what ever treatment they offer for my PTSD, i know it will painful , but it is already painful. Thank you so much for your support.
H

pooh
07-10-08, 15:34
Good luck with the treatment scarey and terrifying as it appears try to embrace it with all you have because it could just be the thing you need.

Pooh x

spotty socks
03-12-08, 18:03
I have had the first part of the assesment , i have been offered rapid eye movement desenseatisation has anyone any experience of this.
Thank you all for your kindness and support
Spotty Socks

kittyk
03-12-08, 20:47
Hello Spottysocks,
Haven't had rapid eye treatment. Go for whatever is offered. Things will change eventually...you have to stick with it. It is a slow process sometimes but worthwhile for peace of mind. The images will diminish.

Lynnann
08-12-08, 18:15
Hi Spotty Socks,

Hope it all goes well for you

Lynnann